9.21.2008

Navajo Nation Skatepark



Well Devster has left to the city of Salt to get the move started and that has left me here in the middle of nowhere to fend for myself.  So I decided to go even further into the middle of nowhere and go to a skatepark on the Navajo nation.  
Mack the resident kick trash skater, Chris the designated photographer, and myself hopped in Macks accord and headed south.  Thanks go to uncle Larry for the Ferry ride, we got to go up in the wheel house for the ride across the pond which was pretty cool, too bad the state loses their butts on the ferry, because it saves a load of time.  Anyway the drive through monument valley is awesome, its just hard to believe that there would be a skatepark out there, but sure enough there it is right in the middle of K-town.  
The local talent on the Navajo nation was unbelievable.  As we pulled up to the skatepark I was a bit hesitant, but Mack jumped right in and was killing it!  I started to find my groove after a bit, but then busted out the camera.  However, you have to be mindful on the indian reservation when it comes to taking pics.  You cant just click away at people, some tribes believe that pictures steal their souls, so I only got some pics of my new friend Leander.  This kid was absolutely shredding this park. He was a pretty cool kid, he asked us to hangout after the session but the long drive back kept us from chillin.  I had heard some stories about people not being so welcome to hangout on the res, but everyone we met were so awesome.  The locals clapped for everything and were super outgoing and just overall friendly. 
 We enjoyed our time there.  The only complaint I had is the food situation, there was nothing to eat but junk fast food, so needless to say I was starving this morning.  Chris and Mack spent twenty bucks at Mcdonalds, I just shook my head, and drank Hi-C.  Good times, 

No comments: