9.09.2012

22 Months!

What can I say.  She is trouble.
 She LOVES riding her bike.  She LOVES finding daddy's tools and working on her bike.  But more than either of those, she LOVES wearing her helmet. 
 Hadley is very brave.  Not much scares her.  This month she did the Alpine slide, the big slide at the fair (which scared me plenty), the big water slide at the pool, and nothing phases her.  She just says more, more , more.  Her little 4-wheeler doesn't go fast enough for her so she has resorted to doing tricks while on it.
 Hadley got a big girl purse and loves carrying around her money.  She found $.75 at the football game and when I asked what she was going to buy she informed me "shoes." Then it was "purple shoes."
 Hadley loves playing with other kids and isn't shy to grab them by the hand to go play.  She loves giving kisses, which can be a bit awkward when you don't know the kid she just kissed.  On the lips.  (Sorry stranger.)
 We have had some sleep issues this month.  When we were in Park City Hadley decided she was so over the play pen.  So she sleeps on a mattress at my moms (except for nap time, and THAT is fun) and we turned her crib into a toddler bed at home.  Until she fell out.  Luckily my friend had an old toddler rail we are using and so far that is pacifying her.  I want to build her big girl bed so I better get started!
 Hadley helps me do lots of things.  She isn't in the kitchen for 2 seconds before she has drug the chair over and is up seeing what is going on.  She loves helping me with the dishes.  I don't love that it takes me 10 times as long to do the dishes.
 We both get spoiled by Jonas, and we aren't going to complain about it.  She loves when she gets new stuff.
 We have been dabbling with potty training, but I have been far too busy to get serious about it yet. One day. We are way beyond the point of listing new words because there are too many.  She has started stringing words together and we have lots of full on conversations.  Some of my favorite words this month have been snack, eat lunch, peanut butter, sandwich, drink of water, I want that, ice, chalk, mess, coloring book, go aggies, big blue, and hey dude.
 We took Hadley on Trax because she loves trains.  I think she really liked not being in a car seat.  We did finally turn her car seat around this month (they recommend waiting until they are 2) and she loves it!  She was getting way to angry facing back anymore and it was really distracting.
 If anything, Hadley is not shy.  She makes friends with everyone and sometimes I wish she had a bit more stranger danger.  She can immediately pick out the people that love little kids though.  
 This was one day when she wouldn't stay in her bed for nap time.  She slept 3 hours on the floor...just like this.  Weirdo.
Other fun things this month were dancing in the rain for the first time (loved it), getting rid of her high chair for a booster (loves it), and a new gymnastics place (loves it).

Love you goobers!

No comments: