2.12.2013

Cold

I think January can just suck it. What good ever happens in January? This one was particularly brutal, and I am sooo glad it is over. 

A few weekends ago, with the sun actually out, we decided to try sledding with Hadley. She had a grand time when I went with her. The snow was pretty icy though, and I lost my glove halfway down the hill which led to ice burn. FUN!
Then Jonas decided to give it a shot. I asked him a few times if he was sure, and he said he was good to go.
That lasted long. He broke the sled and buried them both with lots of snow. Luckily Hadley just rolls with it.
 She can't quite hang on just yet. Next year we are definitely investing in better sleds.
 I was pretty sure at this point I broke my shoulder. Luckily all was good.
 She discovered it was more fun to just slide down the hill on her belly.
 Later that day we headed out to the races. She gets so excited to wear her jersey and go play with the boys.
 Getting a tune up and a higher seat from Uncle BJ.
 Getting locked and loaded.
 She was all ready to go, and then when the race started she got distracted and kept looking around checking everything out. So she finished last, but she did the whole race by herself (most parents just push the kids as fast as they can).
 Coming into the finish line. She did get her own shout out by the announcer about being a GT rider and coming in with her daddy and uncle.
 She got to pick from a green or black trophy at the end. She looked at them for a minute, and then she quickly pointed to both of them. The little turd.
 So excited to have another trophy!!
Thank goodness for February. We have a new niece coming soon!!

No comments: