1.09.2009

First Shred of the Year


Devin striking a pose, hottest snow bunny ever.

We had talked about going night boarding up at the beav for about a week now, and decided that we werent going to go because we both hate the cold.  However, Devin decided early in the morning that we were going to go, and she and jib dropped by work a little before five and we took off.  We headed up a little pit stop at ARBY's, Devster ate not even half of her sandwich, but dont worry I took care of the rest of it for her.We loaded up the four runner and departed Logan.  It was overcast and super warm, so I thought it was going to be a nice night up there.  We arrived up there at about six, and it was just starting to storm, ha even better, fresh snow!
When you find light, you take shots.  Devsters quite photogenic

Devin was a bit nervous, but the little fighter in her came right out and she absolutely tore up the beav.  I have snowboarded for longer than I can remember, and have taught a bunch of people to ride, but no one has ever picked it up so fast.  Devster crashed once pretty good, and not just some little fall on her butt, no she was flyin down the run and slid out, poof, big cloud of snow.  I stopped and was just amazed, it was a great crash(she was perfectly fine Jackie).  I rode over to her and she was just laughing, and saying she was going to fast.  

OH what a great night it was.  By the time we left, we had almost six inches on the runner that we had to clear off, and I think that the world of snowboarding may have a new lifelong advocate.  I couldnt have asked for a better night.  

No comments: