5.06.2010

Well...Ya...I can kinda see it

I am now at 14 weeks and I kind of have something to show for it. A seedling of a baby bump.
And yes, I am well aware of the fact it just looks like a fat roll. For this reason I have tried to keep it covered. Thank you poofy vest. This week I also started extending the pants a little mostly for comfort purposes. I think I still have awhile until I get annoyed enough to buy maternity clothes. And plus, if it would stop snowing and act like May, I could wear skirts...you know clothes that don't zip! Brilliant!

Here are some factoids about the pregnancy so far:
  • I really haven't had any cravings. I equally detest all food. Trying to think of something to eat makes me really really sick. Hence the eating out a lot and thank you frozen meals for saving me at lunch. And even when jonas gets brave and cooks his own dinner (ahem...top ramen) I have to air the house out no matter how cold to get rid of the smell. I generally just have to eat things that don't sound completely awful. I have ate more cheeseburgers in the past two months than in the last 5 years combined. Doesn't meat usually make pregnant women sick? Not me. Pork chops, hamburgers, chicken fried steak, I impress jonas constantly.
  • Um...the closest I have come to the gym in weeks is driving by to go to Rumbi's last night. With constant nausea (yes 24/7) I can't fathom going to the gym yet. My exercise is walking jib. On a good day.
  • Over the past week the exhaustion has gotten a lot better. I still go to bed fairly early, but mostly because I am sick of being nauseous so I just want to sleep. I am very appreciative for this because there were a few times driving home from work I was certain I would fall asleep.
  • Burst blood vessels around both eyes from puking. Enough said.
Right now I am hoping I start getting the second trimester kick. So I can clean my house, work in my yard, and as soon as we know what this little bug is, decorate the nursery!

And I would like to say, none of this would be possible without jonas (well obviously you say). But really he has been so great at helping me out and feels so bad that I am always sick.

It will all be worth it!!!! Right?

5 comments:

Christian, Kerri, & The Boys said...

It is worth it! I craved McDonald's little cheeseburgers with both of my kids and I ate it because it was sanity for me!!

Brit Bennion said...

You're so cute...and I wouldn't even consider that a fat roll, maybe just some fabric that bunched up right in your center. I remember once, when I was pregnant with Matt, that I MADE Adam stop off at a Burger King to get me a whopper. So what if it was 9am and they hadn't started cooking them yet...we made sure I got one. At least you've found something that works. Good luck in the second trimester...I hope you start feeling better.

Jett Powered Foundation said...

Meat, huh??? I NEVER expected that! Ha ha. I'm sorry you are feeling so crappy...maybe instead of meeting up for lunch one day, we can meet up and go shopping for the little bug.

Patrick-Nicole-Daxton said...

I really don't see your bump it just looks like your exhaling a little :) I totally had lots of meat cravings too - which was weird cuz I don't eat tonz of it! Good luck.....it does get much easier for a while!

amy said...

you look so good!

i'm glad jonas is being so good to you... i never gave pregnant women enough credit until it happened to me. it's hard!

have you started feeling the baby move yet? that is the coolest thing in the world. i think i felt him for the first time at the end of the 17th week.

i'm excited to find out if you're having a girl or boy! have you thought of any names yet?