So close to 2 years old. And suddenly so grown up. It is truly amazing how smart Hadley is. I love how she is such my little buddy now. She understands so much of what we tell her and figures things out so fast...too fast usually.
Just today she discovered this. So much fun when you have a hot stove.
She still loves playing with our shoes and clothes. She can get her bottom half dressed/undressed but is still working on her shirts. She can get her shoes on and off by herself.
Now that I am done working at the gym (joy!!) we tried to fit in as much pool time as possible (I got to use the gym with a pool free). She does so well in the water.
We try to get out and do something fun every day. She has been up and down with this splash pad...sometimes she loves it and sometimes she hates it. My mom took her to a calmer one and I guess she had a blast.
We got her hair cut again...for like the 4th time. She has a ton and it is a bit unruly to say the least. But look at the amazing things it does...like put itself into a perfect bun.
She is OBSESSED with coloring and loves the few times I have let her paint pictures.
I find her at her desk often.
Hadley is still a bit picky with new food. Some of her favorites this month are still bananas, sweet potatoes, strawberries, eating the ranch dip off the veggies (although she does like peppers), chocolate milk, fishies, cheese, smoothies, and all breakfast food. One morning I was asking her if she wanted waffles, oatmeal, or cereal, and all she would say in reply over and over was "cookies."
She says too many words to keep track of anymore. Some of the ones I jotted down are clothes, cheese, flowers, pancakes, monkey, sticky, stuck, turtle, garbage, towel, sorry (we use this one more and more), ow, boo-boo, and much more. I was putting something on hold today and when they asked my name she looked at the girl and said "Hadley." So yes, she is saying her name. Love it.
Of course copies EVERYTHING we do. Mostly funny, sometimes frightening.
She is obsessed with her daddy and bikes. They are one in the same. Every morning she asks for dada even though he is rarely still home when she wakes up. She got her own helmet from her Uncle BJ and will take it to Jonas to put on so she can ride her bike.
Since I now work at home, I have to do some things when Hadley is awake so she watches a few cartoons. Her favorites are Elmo, Gabba Gabba, the Backyardigans, and Curious George.
Hadley went to her first parade of the year. She thought it was very cool and cheered by far the loudest when the soldiers marched by. She loves my friend Amy and always asks for her.
What can I say? She gets her goofiness from her mom. Speaking of, she has decided to call me mom and not mommy anymore. Makes me feel old, but it is hilarious. She says it in such a demanding way "Mom. Mom. Mom"
We decided to celebrate 21 months with some chocolate. Yummy.
So head over heels in love with this girl.








No comments:
Post a Comment