I am pretty behind in blogging, but I have been swamped at work and going back and forth to B-town gets to be exhausting! Fun but exhausting.
This weekend we were down for the last indoor races of the season. Hadley was sooo excited to go until I had to wake her up from a very short nap to get there. Once we got to the track though she was off!
Strider had a little course set up for the tiny ones to practice on. Hadley was in LOVE. She went around and around and around. She loved every second of it. Whenever another kid would crash Hadley would whip her bike around and cruise over to make sure they were okay.
The starting hill even had a little gate. All of the other kids would take off as soon as it was dropped, but miss Hadley would stay and take the time to thank the kids who were running the gate. Then she would be off.
When it was time to go on the actual track to race, Hadley decided it was much more fun to play in the dirt. So we didn't get her to race with her class of 2-year-olds, but when I told her she wouldn't get a trophy she made it with the 3-year-olds. She was in last place per usual, but she always gets special attention from the announcer. The whole GT team was waiting to do the flag lap, and she got some big cheers from them.
The worst part of the night was the stupid parents. There was a little girl up on the Strider track saying stuff like "I beat her! I beat her!" When I saw her parents down on the track later, it all made sense. The kids were just practicing, and she was yelling at her daughter, "You are beating them!" Seriously? They are TWO YEARS OLD. Way to teach your kid to be a brat!!
I know that this will be a challenge for me as Hadley grows up and does who knows what sports. PARENTS ARE THE WORST!!
I would MUCH rather have the kid who rushes over to help people who crash, thanks the people doing the gate, and walk around chatting with everyone, even if she does get last place in her race.
End Rant. My kid is freaking awesome.


1 comment:
I think that is so awesome that you have Hadley in bike racing...and how cute is she to be so aware of her surroundings instead of "beating" the other kids. I would much rather have a kid like her too!
Post a Comment