Time for another Hadley update. My mom likes to remind me how when she was born I said I couldn't wait to hear what her little voice would sound like. Now, she DOES NOT STOP. It is cute 99% of the time. She works really hard on making a full sentence every time she says something. She does really well even though there are times you can see how hard she is working to get it out.
Jonas is so incredibly ashamed that I own a scooter. (My cousin and I got these In Paris many moons ago). Because Jonas hates it so much, I bring it out as often as possible. Hadley loves it. She may be getting her own soon...


LIttle Ms. Independent has reached new levels. She has to do everything, even those that I would rather take care of (seen those commercials where the kid runs down the hall with his potty?). Yes, she empties her own potty and honestly does pretty good. She likes pouring her own cereal, painting her own nails, picking her own dishes to eat with, etc. "I do it" or "Hadley do it" are frequents around here.
We are still at the dramatic stage. She could be happy one second and just SO upset the next. She loves playing with other kids and only refers to them as "kid." She gets a little confused with babies and mommies and the fact that Aunt Sonia is an aunt and a mommy. We are working on learning that people are more than one thing. She is still scared of Uncle BJ for some reason and head over heels with Uncle Zach. She ran halfway across the mall the other day and jumped into Jonas's arms (which of course made his day).
She has discovered ballet and LOVES it. We already took her out of gymnastics and plan on putting her in dance when we move. She still loves riding her bike, soccer, baseball, and pretty much anything that involves running around like a crazy person.
She still sleeps in her crib (toddler style) at home, but she started climbing out of her pack-n-play at my moms. So she was banished to the "big girl bed." The first night she tried to get out and got stuck between the mattress and footboard so she ended up in my bed, but since then has done really well. She will get her big girl bed officially when we move. I am working on a quilt for her so hopefully I can manage it. She is still completely obsessed with her animals and has to have them all right next to her when she sleeps.
Hadley is constantly popping out these funny things...too many to keep track of. She tells you how it is which is what makes kids so fun. She screams at me when I sing and dance and is very specific about how things are done and who can do them. We get compliments all of the time about how polite she is because she never runs short on please and thank yous.
We are a little obsessed with our little goober. Can you blame us?





No comments:
Post a Comment