4.30.2013

Wyo Wyoming

I have been feeling like I haven't seen Jib in FOREVER. It is not safe to drive to see him in the winter because of the Wyoming roads. We decided now was good!

My check engine light came on the day before we left as I was driving down from Logan. OF COURSE! So we got a bit of a late start so we could get it checked out. Luckily nothing was wrong. 
I had told my cousin Celia that Hadley loves cops so she had on her uniform when we got to their house. Hadley had only slept about 1/2 hour all day and was kind of grumpy so she didn't get as excited as we hoped. She did look at Celia and ask where her cop car was.
Luckily Jibbers was sooo happy to see me. He started crying and needed lots of loves.
Our first night there we took Hadley and the dogs to feed the horses and go for a walk. Hadley was in heaven playing with the rocks and dirt (and who knows what else).
 Hadley also loved playing in the yard. She would fill up her bucket and chase the puppies ultimately soaking them. We thought we were making progress with Jib until he bit Hadley on the finger. When I asked if she deserved it she said "yes."
We also did a field trip to Celia's work after our good friends from Casper joined us (no pictures of course). Hadley ran over to the car yelling "I love it! I love it!" 
The officers spoiled her with pencils, erasers, suckers, and even her own badge.
My mom and I took Hadley swimming in the famous hot springs pool. Hadley had fun, but it was WAY expensive and SO not worth it. Next time we go we will just wait until the hotel pool is open.
 The hotel we stay at in Thermopolis is really nice. Hadley thought it was so cool staying there. She got to pick out her own breakfast, watch cartoons, and sleep in the big bed with mommy. (She slept, me not so much). She loved soaking her feet in the hot tub.
 I always have such a hard time leaving Jibbers. He will always be my puppy! It is easier knowing how much he loves my aunt and cousin though.

FYI--Vacations with a 2-year-old make you TIRED!

No comments: