Life is just so rough when you are 2-1/2. I have to say that being a WAHM (work at home mom) is sooo much more fun in the summer, but we are busy busy!
Jonas and Hadley have their first date tonight, so they both took off this morning. My mom is watching her today for us. Honestly I was looking forward to having a day to myself, and by 8:00 this morning I was wondering what I was thinking. I am so used to my sidekick! I did get an uninterrupted workout and a walk/run up the canyon in which never happens.
I haven't updated on the goobs lately mainly because I have misplaced my camera and we were down in b-town for 3 weeks. We did lots of fun things while we were down there though.
We got lots of play time in of course. Hadley LOVES playing with kids. She still calls most of them "kid" so when we are at the park or wherever I have been making her ask their names. Small steps.
Hadley is so cute with Kayla. She gets confused with babies and pretty much calls them all Kayla. She loves to play with her for a few minutes and when she is done she is done. As in you have to be right there or she will just toss her to the side. (Don't worry Sonia, I'm always right there). She gets a little jealous, but I figure it's good practice for one day.
It's almost impossible to keep her in the stroller so I resort to threats and bribery. (Just add that to my parenting book). We were in Bountiful for so long that the day we left she was so upset to go home. As soon as we are home though we settle in our routine and love it.
Once the weather got nicer I started getting headaches every day. I didn't know if it was just allergies or what until I realized it was from blowing 3,000,000 bubbles a day. OBSESSED! She likes to chase them around and pop them by being a seal (and saying "art, art" her seal sound). Check out that hair! It's getting longer by the minute.
I went and got Hadley a slip'n'slide, and although she doesn't quite get the hang of it she had a blast. I may be the mom that just pushes her down because I know she will love it.
If one of us is doing pushups, the other one finds it necessary to make sure Hadley hops on board. It makes for a good workout! She has reached the stage where if we are home she likes to strip down to her undies. I can't blame her.
We were happy to get home to Logan and do our normal stuff here. Hadley loves painting the driveway, and I would much rather do that than chalk so we went to town.
Hadley cracks me up all the time because she is such a little person now. She rarely isn't talking, and the things that come out of her mouth just kill me. It's like having a parrot on crack.
Our neighbors, who we all love, roofed their house this past week, and I am pretty sure Hadley drove them all nuts. She lived out on the deck and would talk to them constantly, even telling them when she needed to go potty.
Hadley still loves helping with everything including pulling weeds (flowers). My mom got her some gloves that actually fit, and she was sooo excited. She is very independent and most of the time I think she doesn't really need me.
We sure our trying to soak up every minute of summer with parks, swimming, splash, pads, and just playing outside all the time. We love this little girl!! Now get home goobs!!










No comments:
Post a Comment