12.11.2013

Crazy Train

Safe to say I am ready for 2014. This year has been nuts with lots of not so fun parts. My job hit a rough patch around the time we sold our house, so I haven't been getting paid regularly. Because of that I decided to get a seasonal job and ended up at Target (discount...). It is really not that fun, but I have been getting a lot of cute stuff for our new house instead of saving the money like I planned. Oops. My transcription job tends to slow way down during the holidays, but because of their troubles they let go of a bunch of people so I am doing 2-3x the amount of work and taking care of 2 kids and working at Target. FUN!

Hadley just loves going to school. She made this her last day before Thanksgiving, and her class also had a feast where she ate food from around the world including brats and sushi.
Jonas always leaves us on Thanksgiving for races. The past few years we have taken off, but we decided to stick around this year which would have been necessary with my Target job anyways. Luckily I didn't have to work Thanksgiving and got to spend the day playing with my goobs. It was a much-needed day of rest.
The day after Thanksgiving my mom, sister, and I got up early to do a little shopping. All of the crazies were gone so it was pretty nice. I scored two of these awesome chairs for the house. After that my mom and I got super sick with some nasty bug that had us miserable for over a week.
We had to cancel a lot of our plans, but we made sure to get to Build-a-Bear so Hadley could build her Rudolph. My mom has been waiting to do this with her since she was born, and they both had a lot of fun.
Towards the end of the week we went to the Festival of Trees. Hadley quickly was not interested in the trees when she realized she couldn't touch anything, so we did arts and crafts most of the night.
 We had a few big snow storms over the last few weeks, and Hadley just LOVES it. Seriously she runs around screaming "This is so much fun mom!" 
 When Jonas got home we had to head back to the track for a trophy ceremony. Hadley loves racing, and she thinks it is even cooler now that she can ride the track by herself without daddy.
 When we started feeling better we got the Christmas decorations. Hadley gets her own little tree in the basement (which will be the grandkid tradition). She wouldn't let us put lights and all of the ornaments ended up on the same side, but she loves it.
 The most exciting news is of course our new house. We closed Monday and have some contractors and a cleaning crew doing their thing for the next week, so starting next week we will begin unloading our storage. We have decided we should get rid of some stuff since we hardly missed anything that has been packed away...except my winter coats, gloves, hats, etc. I would like those. 
We went to the house yesterday, and Hadley just did laps around the rooms. She is pretty excited. We went and checked out her new preschool where there are 8 boys and Hadley. That should be interesting.

I am looking forward to Christmas and new beginnings. 2014 is going to be a good year!

No comments: