1.07.2015

Four Months

Time is going by WAY too fast. I am not ready for Remi to grow up! 
 It is amazing how fast these little ones can change. Remi has reached the stage where everything must go in her mouth. Immediately. Her coordination is getting much better, but we still play the game of putting a toy in her hand every 2 seconds because she is always dropping them. She loves toys that make music/light up and smiles every time she sees herself in the mirror. She is over a binki, which is both good and bad. 
 Remi had been so close to rolling over basically since she was born. Finally on December 28 she did it. Now she rolls over constantly and then yells at us when she gets stuck. It's hard work holding those cheeks up! She has recently discovered her toes. She loves to giggle, and we will do anything to make it happen!
 We haven't been to her official 4-month doctor visit yet, but I weighed Remi at my mom's and she was a little over 13 pounds. Hadley at this same age was 16 pounds. So while everyone else thinks Remi is getting so big she seems small to me! I switched her into 6-month clothes only because some of her 3-month clothes were getting a little short/hard to get on and off. I like her to be comfy. I did this comparison shot of Hadley and Remi, both at 4 months. They definitely look like sisters!
Remi loves to talk, talk, talk, still the most to Papa. The few minutes a week I allow it she loves to watch TV. She lays there and talks to the TV and wiggles with excitement. 
 I was washing dishes one night and gave Remi this straw to play with. To my surprise she managed to get it right in her mouth! It kept her entertained for the duration of dishes. Remi is pretty good at keeping herself entertained as long as she can see someone. If she realizes she is alone she is not a fan.
 I have read to Remi since she was born, and when I shower Hadley will usually read to her on my bed. I can peek at them from the shower so it works great. Remi loves having Hadley's attention, even if Hadley has started being a little rough as of late. 
Remi has super-duper mommy radar. If I am in a room she will make it happen to be watching me. I can't say I don't like it :). Don't bite the hand that feeds you and all. 
Remi is now sleeping 11+ hours every night. She was still doing her 45-minute naps and making it hard for me to get much done. I figured that since she was sleeping so long at night she probably didn't need such frequent day naps anymore. I changed her schedule a bit and voila! She is now napping about 2 hours in the morning and afternoon with a little cat nap around dinnertime. 
 This picture was perfect because she was on her way to rolling over. 
Remi is seriously just so happy all of the time. We love her to pieces!

No comments: