12.27.2014

Christmas 2014

This year was our first year ever being in our own house for Christmas. It was pretty fun to have Christmas with our girls. 

The night before Christmas Eve I was up all night with the flu, but I wasn't going to let it ruin Hadley's holidays. We had planned on making Rudolph pancakes Christmas Eve morning, and I think they turned out pretty good! Hadley was happy with them.
 I had to get a picture of my girls in their Christmas outfits. Just too cute.
 Once Jonas was off of work we headed to his parent's for a bit and then to my mom's. This was a weird Christmas Eve for sure. Usually we stay up really late playing games with a bunch of people. This year we left at 8 to get Remi home. Next year we are back to games!
 My mom always does Christmas Eve presents, and she got the grandkids these Christmas pillows. As soon as we got home Hadley stole Remi's too to sleep with. 
 Remi looked tiny next to her reindeer. 
 Just because you have to do this when you have little antlers. 
 On Christmas morning Remi woke up early, and finally after a while we woke Hadley up. We were excited! She hurried and got up to see if Santa had eaten his cookies but then got distracted by the loot. She loved her easel. 
 Hadley had been asking for a batman costume from Santa, and somehow he managed to find a perfect pink one. For now this is her Halloween costume next year...so she says.
Christmas jammies picture!
Jonas and his girls. 
Between Jonas and my mom I basically got a new wardrobe. Me and the goobs got some cute matching beanies. 
I had been DYING to give Jonas his present. Our friend Lance is an amazing artist, and I had him do this painting of Jonas. When Jonas opened it he was in total shock and even shed a few tears. I won Christmas!
 After we opened our presents my parents came up with even more loot. Hadley loved her frozen microphone. I loved it too....
Remi was so excited about her new toy. She looked so little sitting in it. 
 Hadley loved helping the boys on the deck this summer, so my mom found her this awesome measuring tape. Later in the day we were going to play with her lincoln logs, and she said, "But first, let me see how big the box is."
Her favorite toy was this remote control car I got at Costco. She basically destroyed our walls/furniture with it, but she wore the batteries out already from playing with it so much. 
 Jonas's family came over for dinner and of course more presents, and by the end of the night we were all pooped. 
It was an amazing Christmas!!

1 comment:

Josh, Carissa and posterity said...

Looks like a good one. You look great. Your girls are adorable. Great pictures. And ya - major score on that painting. It is AWESOME! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Sorry we didn't get to see you! Hopefully SOON! And if we move to Vegas you definitely have to come visit :)