8.05.2010

Goodbye 2nd Trimester - Hello Chubs

We are now officially 2/3 through this pregnancy. And it shows. {Don't mind the self portrait - it's hard when you are single...I mean when your husband "works" a lot}
This trimester included:
  • A lot less puking {yay!!}
  • A lot more growing
  • Slowly starting to eat some foods that were impossible before. But please don't offer me asparagus or Texas Roadhouse. Please.
  • Finally finding out "it" is actually a "she"
  • Waiting anxiously for the first movement and then a few weeks later wondering what the heck my ribs ever did to her
  • Seriously, she is attached to my ribs and it feels like they are permanently bruised
  • Being able to exercise again - speaking of - seen jib lately? He is looking good after all of our walks...even though on today's walk he got jumped by a chocolate lab
  • Finally looking pregnant instead of fat
  • No longer fitting into any normal clothes {well my normal clothes - still fit in Jonas's for now}
  • Me and Jonas spend way too much time just staring at my belly move and wondering what the heck she is doing in there
I can feel the transition coming though...I can't sleep at night already, I am starting to slow down a lot {definitely a hard one for me}, and all of the stress of her actually being here is starting to add up. Thank goodness we have so many supportive people in our lives to help us along the way. And please, if anyone has any helpful advice let me know!! {But not about labor, I am going in to that one blind}

And yes, she does have a name. A secret name. You may find out in 3 months!

7 comments:

AC and Lola said...

"Chubs". Riiight. You still look amazing! I'm so excited for you guys!

Jett Powered Foundation said...

That Jibster is looking pretty fit!! He should have clobbered that chocolate lab! So...when would you like your baby shower?? I can't wait to start planning it!

Christian, Kerri, & The Boys said...

You look totally cute!! The next 3 will go by so fast!

amy said...

i'm excited for the baby shower too!!!! let's do it SOON!

on August 21st (it's a saturday) we will be in logan. it would be fun to see you! you have to meet sawyer! it will get you even more excited for your little babe to arrive. we could do dinner? (i mentioned this idea to my husband and he said, "i can finally meet jib!" oh wow... to say he thinks jib is the funniest dog alive would be an understatement. they must meet.)

it would be fun to see cody and tennille too, let's all do dinner that night!

amy said...

p.s. you are like the cutest pregnant woman ever. you look great!

Patrick-Nicole-Daxton said...

I totally understand how it gets hard to have to slow down! I felt the same way! It sounds crazy, but just enjoy this time! You really will miss being pregnant because it's such an amazing time! and my advice......keep moving, that way you feel less bogged down and tired! Enjoy! Can't wait to met her....

Anonymous said...

I'm SO excited for you two!! It's such an incredible and wonderful experience. Yes, all I can say is go into labor with absolutely NO expectations because it never turns out the way you anticipate. I agree with Nicole, keep moving. One other thing: just be patient and follow your gut instincts on how to be a parent. We started a routine when Tieg was born to eat, play then sleep so he wouldn't get used to falling asleep on the bottle. We'd make sure we topped him off for the night though. It has been a serious blessing for him to not have to fall asleep on the bottle.

Wish we were closer to see the cutie! Good luck!!