11.08.2013

Three Years Old

How can it be?? It feels like the day she was born was forever ago, and yet it has flown by at the same time. I can't say it again how much I love being this little girl's mommy and how much she has changed our lives for the better. 
 The past few months Hadley has just grown up soooo much. Between living with 4 adults, helping take care of her cousin, preschool, and dance, she has changed a lot. She talks CONSTANTLY. My favorite is when she has something really important to tell me but can't quite find the words. She will try for a few minutes until she will give up and just growl. Kills me every time. 

She has loved her dance class and her teacher Cessily (who taught her about princesses and Disneyland...things I have definitely not taught her). She loves watching Angelina Ballerina and the thing she wanted most for her birthday were the dancing ribbons (which are on a slow-boat from China...bad mommy).
 It is crazy to think she has been riding this bike for 1-1/2 years now. She figured out her balance and can ride the track by herself except for the steep hills when daddy helps. She likes playing in the dirt just as much as riding her bike. She is just about as into "boy things" as she is the typical girl stuff. She loves tractors, trucks, cars, airplanes, dirt, wrestling, firetrucks, cops, etc. just as much as she likes arts and crafts. She loves blocks and has a sweet new set coming today. She still loves her stuffed animals (over a million of them), but her favorite is her pink bear. 
 Hadley is a homebody for sure, but she loves being outside. She was so excited when it snowed. When I opened the blinds to show her she just yelled "SNOW!" I told her we couldn't play because we were sick to which she quickly responded she wasn't stuffy anymore. She is getting so tall and already outgrowing a lot of her 3T clothes (so much for the winter wardrobe I bought...), so we are getting her 4T clothes now like her sweet Nike jacket.
 She LOVES school and her friends. It took her a few weeks to get accustomed to the school life, but she is doing much better now. She talks about Jayden and Daniel the most, and then a few weeks ago she announced Camilla is her best friend. She is really weird about telling us about school though, so we get pieces here and there. She comes home with lots of crafts and can't wait to go back. She told me Wednesday that she had to sit in the naughty chair because she pushed Ty. 
 Hadley says most things really well, but there are a few things I am hoping she doesn't grow out of soon. My favorites are that she calls dogs "gogs", she calls me "Devin Leaf" and Jonas is "Jonas Bean," she says iPad in the funniest way, and she calls chicken nuggets "chicken nuts." She is my biggest helper and loves looking at recipes to find out what we need when we are cooking. She still helps me clean and is attached to my hip. 
She still asks to go to Hadley's house sometimes, so we are excited to get settled in our new house after the holidays and have some normalcy again. The other day we were talking about moving, and she said she didn't want to leave Papa's. I said she can stay and mommy and daddy will move. She immediately said, "That won't work." She says things constantly that make me laugh, and I need to be better about writing them down. 

I love my goobs more than anything in the world, and I can't wait to see what she does next. Happy Birthday Hadley Mae!

1 comment:

Josh, Carissa and posterity said...

What a doll. Great post ;) Crazy how time flies! I can't wait for the funny things that our kid will say. So cool about a house. Is it all official? When are you gonna move?