I found out I was pregnant with Hadley on my birthday, and I knew with this one I could find out right around Christmas. I decided to wait until the morning of to keep the tradition going. Because I didn't know 100%, I just put together a little bag of a bunch of miniature candy to tell Jonas and our families. Jonas got a bonus of a Skor bar...because I am funny like that. Jonas was pretty shocked when I told him since this time around went much smoother than the last time. He was kind of in a haze all day basically.
Because little tiny babies make me really sick and it was Christmas we decided to tell our parents and my sister. Last time I pretty much hid in Logan and knew that wouldn't work this time. Plus it's been really nice having some help with Hadley. My mom has taken her quite a few times during the day so I could get work done and have a few minutes to rest, and Jonas stepped it up majorly this go around and has helped a ton.
Finally, FINALLY this past week it was time for our first appointment. This appointment was a little bit of a light at the end of the tunnel for me. It's not fun being so sick that you are just waiting for the days to be over. Unfortunately, what happened with Hadley is at the end of the 1st trimester instead of getting better I got worse, and that is what is happening this time too. I am hopeful that in a few more weeks I will feel human again! Of course we had to have Hadley do the grand announcement on Facebook and Instagram. Safe to say it was a hit.
We waited until after the doc appointment and when we were going to tell everyone else to tell Hadley. It was definitely the right move the blabber mouth! It took her a few minutes for it to make sense, but then she was pretty excited.
She carried the ultrasound pic of her baby around for a few days, even taking it to school and dance. She likes to tell complete strangers that there is a baby in my belly. The whole idea is still a bit obscure to her, but I think once my belly starts growing and especially when she can feel the baby move around she will start to get it more.
Now I'm going to go park myself back on the couch since Jonas and Hadley are gone for a little bit longer. I hate feeling so worthless, but seeing our little babe doing gymnastics in my belly was all the motivation I needed to keep chugging along. ETA is August 26!!




1 comment:
I can't even tell you how excited I am about this. It sucks that you are so sick though. Good thing they are worth it though, right? Gosh you guys make cute kids too! Yay! Please bless you're feeling better ASAP! Congratulations a million!!!
Post a Comment