5.07.2015

Eight Months of Remmers

I am already starting to figure out Remi's first birthday....CRAZY!! Remi is so much fun and is getting so big (well, not really...only 17.5 pounds). 

Now that Remi is sitting up so good, she is starting to ride in the cart like a big girl. She loves it, and it makes it much easier for me. Hadley loves going to Costco so they can sit together. I finally switched her to 9-month clothes, mainly because I was sick of all her 6-month stuff and we needed some warmer weather clothes.
 Remi is so fascinated with her toes. She will hold her foot right in front of her face and take her little finger to each toe. She cracks me up.
 She is eating her big girl food, and pretty much chows down almost every time. She loves mashed potatoes, strawberry/banana, peaches, banana swirl (blended frozen bananas), and she went crazy over a bit of whipped cream last week. Her favorite snack is veggie sticks, probably because she can eat them good by herself.
 I put Remi in her bouncer so I could jump in the shower, and luckily I checked on her before I got in. Hadley had taken her out and was laying with her watching TV. Scary! But Hadley loves her so much and gets excited with us when she does new things. I just keep telling Hadley that one day Remi will smack her back, and she definitely won't get in trouble for doing it.
 Remi is still quite the cuddle bug. After she eats in the morning she will sometimes snooze for a few minutes, and when I feed her before bed she likes to be snuggled. I obviously love every single second.
 I got Remi a new stroller since we are going to San Diego soon and all we have is a jogging stroller. She likes cruising around. She still waves with her whole arm, and she has taken up yelling. She yells when she is happy, mad, excited, or just because. It is hilarious, even when she does it the whole time you are in a store.
 I started letting her have a bath with Hadley a few times. I have to sit right with her because she can twist out of the bumbo, but they both think it is pretty awesome. Bath time is always a good distraction when they are tired, ornery, or the weather sucks and they are bored.
 My cute girls! Everyone always comments on how much they look alike, but I don't really ever think about it. Remi is my Remmers to me! 
 The weather hasn't been awesome this past month, but we still squeezed in a few park days. Remi likes watching the other kids and just being outside. A lot of babies don't like the feel of grass, but Remi is fascinated by it. She will reach as far as it takes to run it between her hands.
 Remi is a pretty calm sleeper compared to Hadley, other than ending up in different directions than I put her down in, so I love finding her in different positions. And she is just so darn cute.
 Remi still loves sitting with a bin of toys and playing for quite a while. She keeps getting up on her hands and knees though, so it won't be too long until she is crawling. Heaven help us! She wants to go so bad. She is starting to get her coordination to clap and almost has that down.
 There is no sweeter sound than Remi's giggle, and we all make ourselves look pretty silly to hear it. 
 Love you pretty girl!

No comments: