11.07.2015

Hadley Does Disney!!

I decided months ago that I wanted to take Hadley to Disneyland this year for her birthday. It was SOOO painful for me to keep it a secret for so long, but it was worth it! We picked Hadley up from dance on Wednesday night and headed straight to the airport. She didn't even ask any questions until I started saying Remi was at Grandma's and we weren't going home. We waited until we were all checked in and waiting for the flight to tell her. She was running around because she was so excited!
 Our flight was late, and then on the way to the hotel our shuttle driver hit a pedestrian on his bike. Luckily Hadley's eyes were closed right when we hit him, but we still had to come up with an excuse. I just said he fell over and she said he should wear a helmet!

The next day we were off to California Adventure! First stop was Starbucks, of course. I had never been to this park, and we loved it. We spent most of our time there. 
 Hadley's a little scared of rides, so I literally had to force her to do the car ride. It was awesome!! She thought it was fun but wouldn't do it again :). She got to see Lighting McQueen and some of her other favorites. She loved the bumper cars, the talking turtle, and of course meeting Elsa and Anna. 
 We headed over to Disneyland and made the mistake of getting a bubble gun. Nothing is as fun as a bubble gun.

 That is until we found the teacups. "Again, again!!" 
 The first day we were all a bit tired from the late night before.
 Hadley kept the masses entertained, per usual, while we were waiting for the parade. After the parade we did dinner at Downtown Disney and called it a night so we could get some good sleep before the next day.
 The next day my parents surprised Hadley with lunch at Ariel's Grotto, so I had a dress ready for her to go meet the princesses! She didn't touch any of her lunch, but it was still the highlight of her day. When Rapunzel was introduced she skipped quickly by Hadley and hollered, "Love your dress!" It was pretty fun!
We also got an autograph book the second day, so we had to go see Elsa and Anna again to get their autographs. Luckily she didn't realize they looked different this go around.
 Doing some rides!!
Jonas really wanted to do the swings (not sure why since they make him sick), but Hadley would have nothing to do with it. I literally drug her on the ride, she ran away bawling, I drug her back over and forced her to do it. As soon as we started to slow down she was yelling, "Again, again!" I am that mean mom--ha!
 It was so fun and definitely needed to have some time with just us and Hadley. 
 All princesses should wear NIkes.
 Hadley totally got spoiled and got lots of fun stuff. I had to partake too.
 Our second day we watched the light parade at Disneyland and then waited for fireworks..which they ended up canceling because of wind. We were bummed! We really could have used a third day, but we hadn't been there in so long we didn't know better! Jonas is already trying to figure out when we can go back, and Hadley thinks we should do it every year for her birthday!

No comments: