This past weekend was a crazy roller coaster of emotion for the Harmon household. Devin and I started the weekend off on Friday night with Halloween and a little get together with ZJC and a group of his friends. Devin talked me in to dressing up, well about as dressed up as I get, and we went as a greaser (me), and Devin went as a pink lady. It was great, we just hung out and laughed all night with complete strangers. The funniest event of the night had to of been when the guy that was in a pair of briefs was fighting with two guys dressed as missionaries. That has to be one of the most random visuals ever.
Saturday we just hungout and then went bowling with AC, ZJC, and Ronny. It was a great time, I bowled the best I ever have, which is still terrible when compared to Devins mom. Ronny asked me that night to go to the hospital and see Mike on Sunday, so that was the plan.
Now going to see a friend in the hospital is never a fun experience. Yet this visit was none like I had ever experienced. As we walked in the room the first thing we saw was Mike sitting at the window with family and friends surrounding him. We walked right over, I found a place on the floor and assumed my position there. Ronny stood right behind me and there we sat for almost two hours. We sat and listened to Mike tell us how much he loves the city of Murray, how much he loves his family, and all the great memories that he has. Mikes fighting spirit was so abundant. He had so much to say, and I wish I could have just recorded everything. He said he was ready for it all to be over and get back to normal, but he was patient and just summed it up by saying "keep on keepin on!" I almost lost it a few times. Who knew that cuss words could be so funny, but it seemed like everytime he cussed we would just laugh like crazy.
As I look at this experience with Mike I just have to think positive. I take a look at how the BMX world and everyday people have put so much prayer and positive thoughts his way, and have no doubt that between that and Mikes spirit, that he is going to make a full recovery. Its just another journey down a long road that Mike has to go down, but he can rest assured that he doesnt have to go alone.
Thanks everyone who read the blog and then helped Mike out. Thanks to my beautiful wife as well for making me smile and making me do the things that I dont want to do, she always knows that its going to pay off for me in the end.
Keep on Keepin on!
No comments:
Post a Comment