1.04.2010

Life is Fragile

There are times in my life when a certain song just seems to say it all. Unfortunately, this past weekend the song is a sad one. If you haven't heard Toby Keith's new song called Cryin for Me I would recommend listening to it. It is so sad, but a really good song. Here are the words to the chorus.

I'm gonna miss that smile, I'm gonna miss you my friend
Even though it hurts the way it ended, I'd do it all again
So play it sweet in heaven cause thats right where you wanna be
I'm not crying cause I feel so sorry for ya, I'm crying for me

This past weekend, we headed down to Salt Lake for the usual weekend races. Towards the end of the night on Saturday, tragedy struck one of Jonas's racing buddys. After finishing his main event, Bryan suffered a heart attack. Although everything possible was done to help him, he passed away. Bryan had two beautiful daughters and a wonderful family who has been involved in racing for many years.

Although I am new to the BMX family, and never had the opportunity to get to know Bryan personally, I do remember seeing him at every race and I can tell you how much love the BMX community has for him. Jonas has nothing but good words to say and it was evident by the tears shed at the races yesterday how much he will be missed.

It is during the hard times that make you really appreciate the small things. I am so grateful to have a husband that jumped in when he was needed most and helped his friend. I am grateful that Jonas belongs to such a great BMX family that cares for one another so much. I am grateful for my family and friends, and hope to never take them for granted.

I know most of you don't know Bryan or his family, but if you can say a few extra prayers for his family we would appreciate it. For more about Bryan go here.

1 comment:

Christian, Kerri, & The Boys said...

I am so sorry, thanks for sharing the song.
Ker