1.22.2010

Bullfrog. Lake. Powell.

The first summer that we were dating, Jonas took off to Lake Powell for the summer. It was his second year doing such, and I was bummed. I mean, it was our first summer together. I wanted to be with him...not at the DMV where I was working. I did get away a few times to see him.

Both of which were pretty disasterous.

One trip I waited at some random building in Price for forever until he decided to show up and drive me to Powell. (crazy roads for a first timer you know). The other trip we were supposed to meet at a particular gas station. Jonas was at one, I was at another. I had decided to just leave and make the long trek home when I stopped one last time at the gas station we definitely weren't supposed to meet at. Jonas was there. Laughing away the night with his buddy.

On my last day of one of these trips, Jonas was supposed to come have lunch with me and say goodbye. He, of course, got stuck on a boat in the middle of the lake. So I sat around for a long time and finally decided to leave. I cried the whole way home.

Oh Man was I pissed.

Anywho, at the end of that summer I got my ring. So I was a happy girl.

Until the next summer. When Jonas again took off to Lake Powell. I was working two jobs in Logan. Luckily I had my jibbers because I was pretty lonely. Why didn't I go with him? I have no idea. If I were to do it all over I would have. I probably didn't because I was paying for an apartment in Logan. Still should have gone.

So we barely saw each other for not quite 2 days the whole summer before we got married. How excited was I to see him in Lake Tahoe the day before our wedding!! Once again, a happy girl.

Now, May of 2008. Jonas has just graduated from Utah State and we are all packed in our mini U-Haul to move to Lake Powell. Was I super excited to be moving down there? Honestly I was excited, scared, and a bunch of other things. My sister and her boyfriend (now husband) were going down too and I knew our parents would visit a bunch.

Of course when I saw exactly where we would be living I was a little...grossed out. Remember this? But, above hating my job, we had a fun summer and were able to save a bunch of money to get the mazda at the end of the summer.

Which was the only good thing about the end of the summer.

Because while Jonas stayed in Lake Powell, I moved back to Logan to finish my last year of school. This was the worst idea ever. Seriously. I had begged and pleaded with Jonas to not stay in Powell, and was so angry that he wouldn't tell me why he wanted to stay. Turns out he knew he was getting a promotion.

Finally, finally, I made it through the rough school year. It was such a hard time for us. I had stuff in Logan, Bountiful, and Powell and constantly lived out of a suitcase. I barely saw Jonas, and was always wondering what in the heck we were doing.

And when it was over, it was the best feeling in the world.

The day after my graduation, I packed up the remainder of my stuff and moved to Powell. This time I was ecstatic. I was finally going to be with Jonas and we will never live apart again. We finally had a cute apartment, pretty good jobs, a happy fat puppy, I was training for my first marathon, and life was good.THEN Jonas decided he didn't want to work in Lake Powell anymore. Talk about a shocker. The company was headed in a downward spiral (not that this was new but Jonas finally recognized it) and so we started searching for other things. Long story short, we ended up back in Logan. But you all knew that.

So now that you have the {long} short version of my Lake Powell history, you can imagine my surprise to find that I have been missing it. Perhaps it is the fact that I am always cold, that we are constantly busy and feel like we never have any down time together, or the fact that there are too many people in cities!

Then last night I had a dream.

We had moved back to Powell. Jonas was on the dock I worked on and started bossing me around. Can you believe that!?! Then I realized all the people I had to work with were...crazy. (These weren't real people by the way) Etc. Etc. Etc. I woke up and told Jonas F.U. He asked "why?"

"Because I am never moving back to Lake Powell."

1 comment:

Jett Powered Foundation said...

oh man, the emotions your post stirs up. Why do we miss Powell? Too bad Aramark exists, and has the concessions there, because I could be perfectly content living in Bullfrog for a LONG time, I just won't work for them. Maybe Bullfrog needs a Dentist? The start of your guys' Powell fun was unfortunately the end of mine, which is too bad because it would have been awesome to spend some more time with you guys.