I didn't choose my name. My parents did. Well, my father did. {I think he was hoping for a boy} But, he supposedly named me after a brown haired-brown eyed girl. Coincidence? Nah. She was also a Playboy model. We will leave that alone.
Over the years I definitely struggled with my name. I longed to be Sarah, Samantha, or my favorite when I was little, Alexandria.
Really? Ehh.
At the end of the day though, I like my name. It is different, I am different. People remember me because of my name. It has helped me out a lot.
So I get REALLY annoyed when people are rude to me about it. {Which they always are} "Why did your parents name you that?" - "Did you know that is a boy name?" - "Are you picking this up for your brother?" - and on and on and on and on...you get it.
I get to the point where I am rude back. Sorry.
So I was kinda annoyed when a lady said this morning "I have a nephew named Devin...hmmm". Also pretty annoyed when I was playing FB and found this definition:
Devin, an Irish boys name, not a girls name. The girls name is Devon. All girls named Devin should know they have a boys name. For some reason 10% of people named Devin are female. IT IS A MALE NAME. Devin is a manly man name. Girls named Devin are usually lesbians.
Hey, guess what urban dictionary. FU.
3 comments:
I had a girlfriend named Devin and she was not a lesbian...LOL! Your hilarious!
HAHA I love your name. At least it's not people saying to you...ughh that is one UGLY Scar! Like one guy said to me one day.
Dev- to the lady that said she had a nephew named Dev.. You should of said.. oh nice and your point is??
Dev fits you, because you are unique and special. Alexandria? You would of been called "alex" for short, therefore another "boys" name.
Love you! mom
Post a Comment