11.11.2010

The Story

*turns out I have a lot to say on the subject...long post :)*

As much as I didn't want to get induced, we had pretty much settled on going to the hospital last night and had made all of our plans accordingly with family etc.

So of course Monday morning around 6:30 AM when I got to work I started getting fairly consistent contractions (all in my back). I didn't want to get too excited considering up until that point I had only had one real braxton hicks contraction and on my due date had no real progress. I sent Jonas a heads up text just in case and continued with my day.

Around 11:00 AM I decided I couldn't sit at work anymore so I headed home telling everyone I was sure I would be back the next day. I came home and laid down to see if the contractions would ease up and hence not be real labor. I timed my contractions for about a half hour and they were only 4-5 minutes apart and lasting at least 45 seconds. I let Jonas know and he headed home while I cleaned the house (?? still in denial ??).

We made an appointment to see my doctor at 1:40 and so we packed everything up just in case. The whole way over Jonas kept asking if I thought it was the real thing....my answers were a) I sure hope so because I don't want to know how painful the real ones are if these are fake and b) how the hell would I know? {Yes I got a talking to about how I hadn't been ornery all pregnancy so I shouldn't start now. Eh.}

About 2 seconds into the doctors appointment she said "Yep head on upstairs!" THANKS GOODNESS!!

So off we went upstairs (literally...I am not a sissy). We got in line at labor and delivery and about gave a few people heart attacks. There was a couple pre-registering and the girl looked at me and said "maybe they should go first." The worker freaked out "are you in labor?" I told them not to worry that I was fine so we waited our turn.

The next hours were....painful. Hadley gave us a few scares with her heart rate dropping so I had to have oxygen for the better part (which I am pretty sure was the instigator of my hiccups because I never get hiccups). Imagine being in the heart of a contraction and then hiccuping. Maybe a little funny now?

Luckily Jonas didn't faint and let me squeeze the crap out of his hands the whole time and my sister and mom were rubbing my back through every contraction to help distract me. I had my bag packed with all sorts of distractions but by time we got there I was far enough along I was pretty much in a ball on the bed. I won't lie, there were plenty of times I wanted to give up. But I am so glad I didn't and went au naturale.

The best thing Jonas said that day was "the doctor is here." Meaning I could push right then. Finally!! A few contractions in Hadley's heart rate had dropped drastically so my doctor looked at me and said "we have to get her out now." {pretty sure that is what I was working on?} But nonetheless I gave everything I had and I believe on the fourth contraction she popped right out! They immediately put her on my belly and I lost it!! All of the emotions of having her out safe and the pain over (seriously the pain) I couldn't keep everything in.
I had planned on having a chunky baby since I was so big when I was born but we were surprised to get a 7 pound 1 oz little stinker measuring at 20.5 inches long. She came out wailing and so everyone waiting outside the room heard her first screams as well. One of my favorite memories from the first few hours she was here was with her daddy. She would be screaming during her tests and bath until Jonas would talk to her and she would immediately stop and look for him. Possibly the cutest thing ever.
So enough of my blabbing...more pictures!!
Going home!
And let it be on record that I didn't swear at Jonas at all through labor and only flipped him off once...in a joking manner. That's what I am saying anyways.

I think that I am now in my heaven. Seriously this little girl is perfect.

8 comments:

amy said...

i really can't get over how beautiful she is, she is the cutest baby girl ever.

loved the birth story, i got teary eyed at the part where she finally came and they put her on you :) i'm so happy you finally get to see her and hold her and that she is healthy.

once again i have to say you are awesome. i couldn't have done that natural and don't know many who could either!

Coonboy said...

yay for good stories!!!!

Lacy Ann :) said...

SO cute!! I didn't know you were going natural. She is beautiful. I have a present for you and I REALLY want to give it to you. Let me know when you are all settled in at home :)

Jett Powered Foundation said...

That is so cute that she would look around for Jonas! Let me know if you need anything. When can I come see her??? How is Jib dealing with everything?

Brit Bennion said...

So is so beautiful! Congratulations. I'm so glad that everything went well. And I love what you named her. So darling!

KO said...

Congratulations! Sounds like a similar birth story to mine. Way to go natural (I almost made it). Cherish every tiny moment...

Patrick-Nicole-Daxton said...

Congrats! She is so beautiful! Wow, so impressed that you went all natural. We want to come visit when you guys get settled and we make it up that way!

The Fullmers Four said...

Way to go! She is beatutiful. Let us know if you need anything. Seriously, dinner, diapers, a nap. Let us know.