1.19.2011

{Life}

Jonas made the comment last night "Now that you are a stay at home mom I expect you to update the blog more." Hm.

Let me explain the reasons why he is wrong.

Yes, I did quit my job last week. The job that would have required me to put Hadley into daycare full time starting next Monday {Yikes!}. We found our daycare months ago, and knew the lady would do a good job, but the closer it got the more crazy I became. It is hard not having any family in the valley that could at least help out now and again and make me feel better. Sending her with a stranger 5 days a week? Couldn't do it.

So, in the span of a few hours I made a very BIG decision to quit my job and start working for the company my mom works for. This job is a sales job {i.e. commission based} so I am taking a big leap of faith that it will all work out. The rewards of staying home with Hadley will be far greater than any steady paycheck I could get from my other job. And I can mostly work from home which means I will only have to leave Hadley with a babysitter a few hours a week.

So after a few days of training starting tomorrow, I will be working my fanny off to make this new job work. The best part is I am selling something every business needs and probably already has (basically the option of running credit cards/checks) so I don't have to be a pushy salesperson. Just hit people up, punch some numbers, and see if I can save them some money.

So watch out for me because I will probably be calling you all soon!!!

And now for the real reason you probably check this blog...the little goober.

It is amazing how fast she is learning new things. Just over the past weekend she found both fists {which she likes to suck...sounds awesome over the baby monitor at 5 in the morning}, learned how to smack her lips, is getting very good at holding her toys, and we had a record breaking night of 9 hours of sleep!
She also has started rubbing her eyes when she is tired which is pretty stinking cute. We have been taking Jib for walks when it is a little warmer and she falls asleep within a few minutes. And those eyelashes!! I can't get over her eyelashes. Love them.
Whew. There you go Jonas.

2 comments:

Jonas said...

chop chop woman!

amy said...

yay for you! hadley is going to love having you home with her. that is such a blessing you can stay home. i can't get over how GORGEOUS she is! i love her eyelashes too! i saw Jonas' website and it looks great, i'll have to go to one of the competitions in salt lake!