11.07.2011

Whoo's the Cutest Ever?

Hadley Mae of course!  We celebrated Hadley's 1st birthday over the weekend.  I decided to go with an owl theme (even though as Jonas so kindly pointed out they are SO trendy right now.  thanks.)  They are stinking cute!

We got crafty and made some pretty cool things.  My mom and sister decorated the owl cookies.
 The cookies were for the goody bags.  (The tag says 'hope you had a hoot!')
 I printed her monthly photo shoots.
 And made her a minky owl blanket.
 We did a photo shoot last weekend with some cake to decorate the tables.
 I made table covers and had candy jars filled with cookies.  I have been working on a scrapbook for Hadley the whole year and put it on a dvd for entertainment.
We decided the whole day would be Hadley day since we will be in Logan for her actual birthday.  That morning Hadley got some much needed cuddle time in with her Daddy.
And had her very first bagel.
 I tried to force a nap on her (new schedule of one nap a day+time change screwed us up.)  She looks so tired here but cheered up after lunch.
 We served kid friendly food...ie PB+J, crackers, and juice boxes.
 And drumroll...my very first fancy cake!  Don't look too closely.  We decided before we do anymore of these that we need some real cake decorating tools.  But it was pretty darn cute.
 I also made Hadley's owl shirt.  It barely fit so good thing her party was yesterday!
 Unfortunately Hadley didn't get spoiled at all.  YA RIGHT!  Look at this chair from my sister and mom!  I about died.
 And this wagon will be awesome next year.
 We put Hadley in her throne to open presents and she had a blast.  She actually caught on pretty quickly and wanted to see what the next gift was.
 She scored some awesome loot and I can't thank everyone enough.
 One of her many Uncles got her this sweet hat.  Winter in Logan anyone?
 I have never seen one of these little flyers and it is adorable.
 Have I mentioned she is walking?  In her very own snowflake Toms?  I think I probably said cute a couple hundred times during the party.
 Then it was time for cake!  After a little coaxing from dad...
 She dug in.  I was cutting up cake for everyone and my mom said "Um Devin do you want her to eat this whole thing?"  She went to town!
 I thought it was a really fun party.  The boys can never put their phones down for two minutes.  Drives me NUTS!  But I can only yell at Jonas for it.
 After a short nap it was play time!  She loves her ball pit.
 And we couldn't keep her out of her chair.
Thanks a million to mom and Larry for helping plan, finance, and implement the party.  I thought it might be a little silly to work so hard on a party Hadley won't remember but she had a blast.  So worth it!

1 comment:

The Bennett's said...

So so cute. You are very crafty!