I can honestly say that I grew more as a person in 2011 than any other year yet. (Well, not including 2010, which included an extra 25 pounds.)
So of course I will share my wisdom. Because I am nice like that.
- I realized that there is nothing more important right now that watching my little goobers go from this
- to this. And even though I have made a lot less money this year it has easily been the best year of my life.
- I have realized that not stressing about some things solves the problem. I.E. my weight. It has been at the same number on the scale as a few years ago when I was a workout/food nut.
- I have come to accept the fact that I should only worry about making the people happy that worry about making me happy as well. People that treat me like dirt can eat it.
- I discovered another reason that being a grown up sucks. Making hard decisions.
- And acknowledging that there is always something harder.
- Once your basic needs are met, more money DOES NOT buy happiness. It's true. Trust me.
- Drama sucks! I have never been a big fan but the older I get the more it drives me crazy. And passive-aggressive people. If I did something that upset you, please talk to me like a grown up. And I will do the same. If I owe you an apology, expect one. I would like the same in return.
- As a self-declared neat freak I have learned that if the house is always clean, you probably aren't having enough fun. Cleaning can wait. Playing can not.
- I have definitely learned that the more you plan the more God laughs. Sometimes a change of plans is just what you need. I have enjoyed just rolling with things. And you know what? It has been working pretty well so far.
- I have learned that as much fun as it has been hanging out with all guys for a while, a girl needs some girlfriends! And I will most definitely miss mine when we move. Unless I bring them with me...
- It has been shown over and over to me again that a grin from this little one fixes any problem.
- I am pretty laid back about some things, but other things I am a bit OCD about. I really worked on that this year. Dishes can be done tomorrow as long as we are doing something as a family right now. (Learned this from the master of chillaxing.)
- I have realized there are some things that while I don't agree I just can't change. The best bet is to just have a positive attitude. Life is much better that way. Although sometimes easier said than done.
- I have LOVED watching Jonas become an amazing dad. For someone who didn't grow up planning on getting married and having kids he has taken to it pretty well :).
- Of course most of these things are due to my miss Hadley Mae. She has definitely changed me and my life for the better in so many ways. Love her and our family. Life is good.
I can't wait to see what 2012 has in store for us!




2 comments:
Devin, you make me smile. Why do we not hange out more?
I love this list! So many of your points hit home with me. And your family is so beautiful! I love it!
Post a Comment