I decided a while ago it was high time I had a vacation (farther than St. George and Wyoming.) So we settled on Seattle because I had never been and really wanted to see it. First trip without Hadley...yikes!
We took off last Thursday and went out for a late dinner. Of course when we sit down in our booth I look up and see a picture of Utah. Awesome.
Our hotel was right downtown and was perfect so we could walk everywhere. The room was tiny but they upgraded us to a King bed. Jonas told me to not be offended but it was really nice not touching me all night. Nice huh? We thought we would be sleeping in the whole trip but of course I was up at 5:30 the first day and before 7 the other two. Darn internal clocks.
Our first full day we went and checked out the market.
I wasn't stoked on all of the seafood...or at least the smell of all the seafood. I got some attitude everywhere we went when I would order chicken. (People really are nicer in Utah.) After the market we did lots of shopping...browsing I should say. The stores there are incredible. When we were tired of walking we hit up a movie. That night was the only night it poured so we just ran across the street to eat dinner.
On Saturday we took a ferry over to Bremerton. I loved checking out all of the houses.
It was a bit chilly so I hid behind the windows.
The Puget Sound Navy base is in Bremerton so we visited a museum...
The view heading back to the city.
When we got back we did the underground city tour. Pretty crazy.
Then Jonas just had to visit the disgusting gum wall. Gross. Later that night we did dinner in a bar to watch Supercross. It took me a second to realize the waitress really did ask us for our id's when we ordered water.
Sunday we headed to the Space Needle. LAME! The area is trashy and I wasn't about to spend $20 a person to ride to the top. I told Jonas we would be on an airplane in a few hours and could see the same view then.
So we headed back downtown for a bit more shopping and Starbucks. Seriously in Seattle there is a Starbucks every block and everyone is wearing North Face.
We had such a fun relaxing trip but by Sunday night we just wanted to see Hadley! And give her the presents we got...like this little puppy.
Now we can't wait for our next trip to San Diego with Hadley!




No comments:
Post a Comment