4.08.2012

17 Months

Every month I think she has grown and changed more than the month before...but then again it is probably true.

We definitely have a little girl on our hands!  She loves giving hugs (to most people when they ask) and kisses (to special people when SHE feels like it).  We take them whenever we can!!
 Her hair is...nuts.  This is post piggies.  When we were at Sea World (post coming soon) some lady asked me how in the world I did her hair.  The answer is still that Hadley loves brushing her teeth and staring at herself in the mirror.  Although now she also brushes the sink, the mirror, her legs...and usually cleans her ears with q-tips.
 Hadley is not shy or timid.  When we get somewhere new she still takes a minute to check it out and then she is off.  She LOVES little kids so much.  I was taking her to the daycare at the gym so she could play but then she learned to hit and kept getting sick.  So we are on hiatus from that for a bit.
 One perk about this new independence is that Hadley loves to "help" around the house.
Unloading the silverware is now officially her job.  She hands me everything to put away.  It takes a long long time.
 She helps me with laundry.  Usually by taking all of her dirty clothes out and getting clean clothes from her drawers and putting them in her hamper.  And of course climbing in herself.
The days of me doing something on my own are long gone.  (She figured out how to open the shower door...).  I decided to let her help me make pancakes and that lasted a whole 2 minutes until she got distracted by her favorite, a banana.
 This little on is SMART!  People are amazed when they see her and she is this young.  She can now sign hi, bye, eat, drink, more, all done, banana, help, hurt, poop, night-night, cold, and she got the dreaded head shake of yes and no down.  I LOVE that she can sign but don't love that when I try to feed her she shakes her head no at 99% of what I grab.  I do love asking her questions just to see if she will say yes or no.
 The new words she added this last month are baby (probably the cutest thing in the world), no, bike, papa, and that's all I can think of right now :).  Here she is rocking her first pair of flip-flops.
 We have started doing time out.  Mainly due to the hitting.  But sometimes due to playing the drums on the wall.  It is hard to discipline her for things I kind of find hilarious.
 We had a few rough nights this week where she refused to sleep in her crib but other than that she loves her sleep.  She will tell you when she is tired and it is time to go night-night.  And if I don't get there fast enough she takes care of it.
 She is getting more and more attached to Jonas (on certain days...).  She just goes crazy when he gets home.  Usually she runs and hides but if we are outside she runs to the bikes.
Like this.  She loves to ride her bike and go for rides with daddy.
Hanging out at Grandma and Grandpas...
 and running on the treadmill.  We really have to watch ourselves because she picks things up we don't realize!  Luckily this is a good habit.
 Hadley's "sweet and innocent" face.
 I catch her in the oddest positions.
Watching some cartoons.
 We love when the weather is nice so we can get outside.  Again here she is helping me by spreading my pile all over the driveway.
 Until I distracted her with a wrapping paper roll.
 Spying on the neighbors...
 Hadley usually likes to push her toys but she is getting brave and riding them now. 
 This is one of my favorites.  I love asking her where something is or went just to see this.
 She loves playing with water so I let her go to town.  Outside of course.
 Wowza.  Think I love this little stink?  I could go on all day.  We are having the time of our lives with her and are very excited for summer!

No comments: