8.26.2014

The End of the Tunnel

Since today is my first due date, I figured I should probably document this pregnancy before I'm not pregnant anymore (soon baby, please?) 

I think this pregnancy has been almost identical to Hadley's, down to pretty much every symptom. I very falsely thought my second would be easier probably because my mom's was. HA! I can now say this one was harder simply because I couldn't be selfish and just crash after work. Something about Jonas and Hadley wanting dinner and Hadley wanting to be taken care of all day and stuff. 
True to last time, suddenly one day at the start of the last trimester I stop being able to sleep. For the past several weeks I just started sleeping down in the lovesac so I don't bug Jonas and so I can turn the TV on at all hours when I'm wide awake. I have managed to control the heartburn better this time around, but some nights it still hits pretty hard and, like I tell Jonas, I end up chewing acid all night. I have been faithful about eating a banana almost every day, and that has kept my ulcer under control. Thank goodness! I get horrible restless legs/arms most nights and my joints have been killing me this time around. 

I am feeling a bit more nervous about labor this time for a few reasons. First, I know exactly what is coming. With Hadley I was perfectly clueless. We were also 10 minutes away from the hospital last time instead of the possible hour we are looking at now (not including getting Hadley dropped off somewhere). I am feeling really good about using a midwife though, and I don't have to have an IV this time which makes me extremely happy. I was told since my last labor went fairly quickly that this one will be fast and furious...faster but harder. Can't wait!

At this point we are just ready and waiting. It still feels a little surreal that we are going to have two kids, but I can't wait to meet this little girl and see what she is going to look like and if she will be like Hadley or completely different. I also can't wait to not be pregnant anymore and feel like a normal person. :) Come out, come out, little girl!

1 comment:

Josh, Carissa and posterity said...

So excited for you guys! Can't wait to see pics, etc! Good luck!!