11.08.2014

Hadley Mae is 4!

 Where do I even start? Hadley is such her own person now which is 99% fun and 1% frustrating. This past year has been totally crazy with us moving, me being pregnant and so sick, and then of course introducing Remi into the family. Hadley handled everything like a champ and just continued to thrive. Thank goodness for that because I have had lots of mommy guilt.

It is insane how grown up Hadley is now. I feel like she doesn't even need me most of the time. She loves getting herself dressed (so don't judge me if she has weird clothes on). She HATES when I do her hair but loves having long princess hair. She loves when I let her put a little makeup on. It usually ends up going in all the wrong places though. 
 Hadley is such a social butterfly and has friends everywhere we go. If I take her to the park she will ask me who can be her friend, and she will march right up to them and ask to play. She loves playing with her cousins and especially loves the track where she is basically a mini-celebrity.
Three has definitely been a challenging year. Hadley knows when she is being naughty now and enjoys pushing my buttons. It made for some really fun days when I was already low on patience from being pregnant/tired/etc. She did figure out if she shakes her booty when she is in trouble we usually laugh so she likes to pull that trick. Just as quick as she can be naughty she will turn around and be a little sweetheart. She is the first to tell me I am a great mommy, I am pretty, or whatever other compliment she comes up with. It just melts my heart and reminds me why I love her!
 Hadley still loves preschool. She had all boys in her class last year, so she was excited to start this fall with mostly girls. She writes her name and can copy/write pretty much anything with a little assistance. She can draw our family and always comes up with artwork that amazes us.
Hadley for sure wanted to do dance again this fall. She has the same teacher as last year, Ms. Cecily, and she loves it. She does ballet and tumbling and is always showing us her moves. 
I didn't know how it was going to go once Remi was born and if Hadley would be jealous, but she fell in love with Remi just the same as we did. She helps me with everything besides changing poopy diapers (she gets me the clean one). She is always giving Remi snuggles and if she is crying when anyone besides me or Jonas has her Hadley is running over to make sure she is okay. I hope they will always be best buddies!
Hadley and Jonas have had some great bonding this year with me being sick/home with Remi. Jonas had planned for a long time to take Hadley to Canada with him to a race, and she had so much fun. She still talks about it constantly and will be very upset if he goes back without her. She gets sad when Jonas has to go to work or is gone racing and is always excited when they go on a date.
We put Hadley in swim lessons and soccer this summer. Swim lessons went really well the first half, really crappy the second. Needless to say she didn't pass the first level...maybe next year! She was so excited to play soccer and practiced lots with her daddy and Papa. She had a blast the first game and even scored a goal. The next week a few bigger kids joined her team and pretty much hogged the ball. After that she was pretty much over it and would sit more than she played. Maybe next year with that too! She looked so cute in her soccer uniform though!
Hadley has become quite picky with her food. Her favorites right now are blueberry waffles, cheese chips, Noodles & Co mac and cheese, and mashed potatoes as always. We sold most of her Halloween candy to her dentist, and she went and bought some race cars with the money. I think she has had 1 or 2 of the few treats we had left. She may have cereal for more meals than I care to admit.
We are so proud of the person Hadley is growing up to be. I can only image the fun and craziness we have to look forward to. Love you Hadley Mae!

No comments: