3.24.2009

Ode to Jonas

Happy Birthday Jonas!!!

28 is a big number - but here are a few things about Jonas that I love.

  • He will try crazy things on a snowboard, wakeboard, and bike (among others), but is terrified to go on roller coasters. I think this is the year to try Jonas! You owe me...
  • His first Thanksgiving with my family he whipped my mom on the butt with a wet towel - thus beginning their beautiful relationship.
  • He is always amazed a meal can be good without meat. Every time. And I make meatless dinners a lot.
  • He pushes me to try new things (snowboard, baseball, golf). And he is SO patient when teaching me these things.
  • He never really believed in "true love" or thought he would get married. Look at him now.
  • He complains about my girl music but then will let it slip and start singing along with Carrie Underwood or the Dixie Chicks.
  • It takes him about 5 minutes to decide to buy something (computer, 4Runner) and MONTHS to decide to sell something (Jeep, scooters).
  • He kicks cars.
  • He is extremely loyal and loving to his/my family. Especially Jib.
  • He still won't admit that he was nervous on our wedding day.
  • The rule at our house is whoever cooks doesn't have to clean. Of course I always cook. He has learned that if he leaves the dishes all week I will just do them on Saturday morning. I am on to you.
  • He supports every single decision I make. Even though I change my mind ten times in a day.
  • He can admit that he sucks at basketball. And that his hair looks goofy when its long (it only took a few years for this realization).


Above all, he loves me unconditionally and is my very best friend. I am sorry we couldn't be together to celebrate your big day, but I love you!!!

3 comments:

Jett Powered Foundation said...

Happy Birthday Jonas! Good luck with that roller coaster thing...you know it might be A LOT easier than you think. Just imagine that you are riding your bike.

Jett Powered Foundation said...

You guys have scooters???? I just saw that on your blog. How much? They are so freaking cute, but Cody would kill me if I bought us matching bikes (who cares tho, I think they're awesome)

Jonas and Devin said...

Ha - we love our scooters and had a blast on them in powell. We are selling them for $900 each or $1,700 for both. We can talk though if you are really interested.