What a great weekend this past one was. Devin came up with a great idea a few weeks ago to give the indoor rock haus by our house a try and it was an absolute riot. Dev's dad Sheldon came up with Elaine to go with us, but before climbing they had to try one of Devins dinner creations. The dinner doesn't have an official name, but I would call it vegetarian delight!
Now I was a bit skeptical at first, I always thought of climbers as crazy people, and that I was a bit too big to be doing that stuff. So after a short little lesson on not killing ourselves, up Devin went up the wall. Talk about spiderwoman. The more time I spend with this girl, the more she re affirms the fact that she is not one to be messed with. She went right up the wall, and seeing as that we had no idea what we were doing, we just started out on some hard stuff (it all looks hard, and is hard). Next was my turn, I crawled up that thing, got to the top, and then was like "crap! How is someone less that half my weight going to lower me down?" Well Devin handled it perfectly and lowered me down to the beloved flat ground.
HA! climbing is fat kid approved. Below is a picture of Dev in the Bouldering section, without ropes just showing off them guns. My fingers hurt so bad yesterday that I couldn't even open up a thingamahopper of country crock butter. I have healed ok though, cause I know you care.
1 comment:
We love rock climbing, we should go sometime together!
Post a Comment