We just returned home from a fabulous trip to Reno. We have been in desperate need of a vacation - so as you can see we were super excited to go. (It was cold in Utah so our camera was foggy)
DAY ONE

It was a long drive. We saw a lot of trailer parks. A lot.

When we finally arrived we checked into our awesome bear room. Thanks J & C for the amazing accommodations. We slept sooo good in this bed.

We were so happy to go eat dinner with these two at a Louisiana Cajun place. They had live music and the food was great. I did get a little nauseous looking at a Nevada shirt all night - but I pulled through.

After dinner we headed downtown to party!! After realizing I had way too many clothes on and Jonas forgot his multi-colored, shiny, button up shirt - we decided to go see Slumdog Millionaire instead. I highly recommend seeing this if you haven't already.
DAY TWOWe woke up to fabulous weather!! We wanted to head up to Lake Tahoe for the day so we were off. Jonas wouldn't let me drive in Reno because he says I have a terrible sense of direction. HA. Here we are at the airport. In Reno. And we weren't flying to Tahoe. Good thing your pretty Jonas.

We took the gorgeous drive around the lake. We managed to find this cafe we ate at our last day of our honeymoon a few years ago. Here I had the world's best garden burger. Not sure what made it different but it was amazing! Our awesome food made up for the crappy service here. So we will definitely go back.

Here we are at Emerald Bay. This was the spot of our wedding over 2 1/2 years ago!! Still as beautiful as ever. And did I mention it was over 50 degrees in Tahoe? While it was still single digits in Logan? So awesome. (FYI we didn't really plan to dress like cowboys together - just happened)

That night was the Aggie - New Mexico game. We are still trying to calm our nerves after that game. Way to close guys. Way to close. Oh and Big Blue - you are an idiot. I forgot my camera that night but the important thing is we won!
DAY THREEEven though it was super windy we decided to go hit some balls. I am pretty much an expert by now. If you need any tips let me know. What you can't see in this picture is the guy next to me. He taught me some pretty awesome stretches to help my form. (I only almost hit myself once. The rest of the time my balls at least made it over the fence - barely.)

Jonas of course is good at this sport too.

We then drove to Virginia City and found a wing place for lunch that Jonas had been craving. Word to the wise: Don't drink tap water in Reno!! Oh it's bad. We hit up a shopping mall and then headed back to get ready for the big game!!

VICTORY IS SO SWEET!! We were surrounded by Nevada fans so at halftime we moved over to the student section. We even got some cheap entertainment when some Nevada fans got arrested behind us. In the words of the great Aggie fans -
WINNING TEAM!!! losing team... WINNING TEAM!!! losing team...
(this would make sense if you were there)
DAY FOURWe really didn't want to drive home and back to reality of work on Monday... But back we went. Past all of the trailer parks. We did get to share the road with a lot of happy Aggies though.

And one final note...I hate to break it to you Jim, but we successfully turned your house against you. Don't be too sad - there is only one true blue :)

In case anyone was wondering why Nevada lost - this video might sum it up for you. This was one of their male cheerleaders. I so wish I had recorded the whole dance but I was laughing too hard. This is the last few seconds and doesn't even do it justice. This is definitely something you wouldn't see in Logan!! And that is a good thing!!
5 comments:
Oh my gosh...is that a dude cheerleader? Wow is all I can say. Hey, at least the girls uniforms cover their stomachs this year. Remember when we danced there? The dance team was wearing tube tops or something of the sort.
devin you crack me up. thats all.
Wow Jonas I never saw you bust a move like their mascot when you were Blue...maybe it's better that you didn't...
I'm so jealous of you guys. But, I guess watching it on espn2 was good too. Are you guys going up to Boise on Friday?
haha, too bad our guys never danced like that with us! what a fun trip, i wish i would have gone!
Post a Comment