I think everyone should live in a single wide at least once in their life. It is good for the soul. Keep in mind, our single wide was extra special.
I said a few weeks ago that I would post about our trailer. I didn't want to disappoint so here she is. I have to admit, the screened in porch was awesome. Except for when the birds would get stuck in there. I hope that didn't ever happen to you Chris, because it would have been quite traumatic.
We don't have very many pictures of Whiskey Tango. But, as you can see, she was circa 1960 something and lacked any...well... style, insulation, securely attached ceiling, stairs, the usual.
The door you can see leaving the kitchen dropped down 5 or so feet to the ground so we didn't use it. But when the wind would blow it would swing open and Jib tried to escape a few times. The microwave cabinet in the corner wasn't ours - and we quickly disposed of it.
I said a few weeks ago that I would post about our trailer. I didn't want to disappoint so here she is. I have to admit, the screened in porch was awesome. Except for when the birds would get stuck in there. I hope that didn't ever happen to you Chris, because it would have been quite traumatic.
If you notice the mirror on the wall, it was a rectangle mirror that someone had put at an angle. You know, so it looked cool. What you can't see is the "roof" we had over the bar. With shingles and all.
The good thing about Whiskey Tango is we didn't worry too much about the pounds of sand that we carted in, the many messes Ginger left on her trip down, or whatever else was drug in from the lake. And strangely enough, I think it was Jib's favorite place we have lived yet. He had a doggie door from the porch to the fenced in yard. *Correction* The yard was fenced, but the trailers were missing most of the siding on the bottom so he could run under all of the trailers. We had to watch that.
Yep, all of this reminiscing definitely doesn't make me miss you Whiskey Tango. Not at all.
FYI - This is where most of the full time employees live in Lake Powell. We weren't that special to have this gem.
4 comments:
mmm, sure makes me miss the good 'ol days of Lake Powell. I'm not sure if I could stand Powell year round (you guys are troopers) but the summers in brown town are missed. Here's to the days of no worries!!!
Tad is the one that can be thanked for the awesome mirror on the wall action. It's glued on too, so it can never come off, so that's good. And I can speak from experience when I say that the best thing about that trailer is...... Not living there anymore...
I wanna live in a trailer. But I would need a double wide, it is a status quo thing at the trailer parks.
i've never seen that trailer that clean! i'm impressed! i'd rather live in brown town.
Post a Comment