8.29.2011

TOU

On Saturday we ran in the Top of Utah 1/2 Marathon.  My parents had Hadley at the half way point and the finish to motivate us.
 You can tell how windy it was in the canyon by her hair.
 I like this run because we get to sleep in our own beds before and the first half is really nice.  But the second half...not so much.  I probably won't do this race at least for a while because of that.  It is harder when you know exactly where you are and how much you have left.
 We ended up losing Jonas about mile 3 and didn't find him again.  He came in just a few minutes behind me.  Not bad considering he didn't train.  When we did a 12 mile a few weeks ago he about died.
Hadley trying to get to Grandpa's happy juice.
 I ended up with a 1:54 which is pretty good considering I had about 20 hours of sleep the whole week before.  I will have to find a different job if I want to actually race :).  Me and Carissa ran almost the whole thing together.  Her long legs push me on the downhill for sure.
And we were all pretty glad to be done!
 Jonas was so tired he didn't even know what was happening later in the day...
Ha ha ha.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And his mother in law had NOTHING to do with it!!! HEE, HEE