6.08.2012

19 Months

And...she is now closer to 2 than 1.  Weird.  But holy cow is it fun.

There is nothing more amazing than watching how brilliant your kid is.  I love how fast she picks things up and remembers things I have only shown her once.  She has most of her animals and their noises down.  I love when she does her monkey.  We went out to dinner after our bike race and sat on the patio so she could see the ducks and their babies.  A guy next to us gave her some bread to feed the ducks and when it was gone she walked right over to him and asked for more.
We are LOVING the warm weather so we can get out of the house.  We went to the swimming pool for the first time this year and she went nutty.  We need to get her some floaties because she is TOO brave for my liking.
We went to Logan's little zoo one night to check out their animals (by animals I mean 99% birds).  She mostly had fun chasing the birds that actually weren't part of the zoo.
When we got home she had her first popsicle.  Success, of course.
Hadley has become attached to her blankies lately...specifically the pink and green one...and it had me worried at first.  I refuse to have the kid who goes to college with their blanky.  But then I read it is actually a sign that they are developing and getting comfort from something other than their mama.  But I don't let it run errands with us...
She still loves playing on our deck.  Mostly dumping water everywhere.
Look at this beauty that Larry snapped.
She has started learning naughty things...like climbing on top of the bucket.
Hadley is still doing gymnastics and loves it.  Except when ugly children push her off the trampoline.  She loves doing cartwheels, somersaults, bridges, and most of all jumping on the tramp and playing in the foam pit.  When I was helping her walk on the beam this last week I already got scared thinking of her doing actual tricks and falling.  So she won't do gymnastics for too long.
We don't give Hadley juice ever and she has decided that chocolate milk is her very favorite in the whole world.  She will go to the fridge and grab the milk and syrup for you to mix it up.  If you give her normal milk she will give it back and say "choc."  Can't blame her in the slightest.
Well this picture looks like Hadley doesn't like daddy's racing stuff...moving on.
Of course Hadley is my helper.  She isn't the best at helping clean up her toys but she loves emptying the clean silverware (her chore), swiffering the floor, dusting, and vaccuming with the hose.  She watches so intently to see how things are done and is set!  Here she is helping mommy with homework...or facebook.  Whatever.
Hadley is getting good at putting clothes on and taking them off...I found her in just her diaper today after her nap.  She especially likes getting dressed in mommy and daddy's things.  Plus they are a little bit easier.  She can get most of her shoes on by herself now, which would be helpful if she would ever keep them on.
She has definitely gotten pickier on what she will eat.  If she doesn't recognize it she doesn't want it.  Her favorites are bananas, fries, sweet potatoes, corn, chips and salsa, PBJ, cottage cheese, fruit sticks, chocolate chips (oops), and all breakfast food.   We have started a tradition of getting froyo after gymnastics and she feels pretty cool with her own cup.
I was actually surprised when she tried watermelon.  Of course it only lasted for a few bites but I will take it!  Smoothies work the best for getting her to eat fruit and spinach.  When she eats something she likes she goes "mmm" and just started saying "yummy."  (of course sounds so cute in her little voice)
BUSY, BUSY, BUSY.  She does not stop.  Ever.  I am fine with it though because lets be honest...she gets it from me.  She is such a happy camper and a flirt with everyone.  She says hi and bye whereever we go and when someone tells her how cute she is she plays it up big time.  Hadley loves going new places and meeting new kids.  A lady at the park said to me the other day that she had never met a kid as outgoing as she is at her age.
Her vocabulary is growing so fast we might be past the point of me naming everything...but here are some of her frequent words: Waffle, truck, choc milk, more, please, thank you, puppy, baby, ball, duck, kitty, pink, purple, blue, yellow, green, choo-choo, stars (one of my favorites), moon, and seriously she repeats back almost every word so there are a lot more! 
We have so much fun every day.  I can't even remember life before Hadley.  Pretty much every thing she does is freaking cute.  I love giving her tasks to do and watching her think about it and go do it.  She LOVES reading and we spend at least an hour a day reading. 

And yet again I feel like I have barely scratched the surface.  She is pretty much the best thing in the world and that is that.

No comments: