6.20.2011

run...run...run...eat...sleep

It is official...we completed our first Ragnar.  Hopefully our first of many.

It was pretty nice to have the start 5 minutes from our house...our team picked me and Jonas up and we headed over to get ready.
 Decorating our car (chevy traverse...not recommended for driving I have multiple bruises from this car). But it was purple!
 My cousin Weston is the artistic one of the family so he drew the team name for us.
 At the starting line!  Me, Weston, cousin Peggy, sister Sonia, my dad, and Jonas.
 Jonas running his first leg.
 Always have to get my dancing in somehow.
And attempting to teach my dad the same...
 We saw some creepy things along the way...
And some cool things.
 My first run...very pretty but 7.5 miles uphill!  And a freaking snake!!
Peggy after we told her she has a nice bum.
Trying to stay warm in the morning.
The last sprint of my last run.  I was pretty stoked to be done.  Running with a dislocated rib?  It hurts.
And finally done!  We were a little delirious at this point from a serious lack of sleep.
The whole team at the finish line!  We did it in 30 hours 20 minutes which we were pretty happy with.  I sure wish I could tell all about the race but then this post would be forever long.  It was so much fun and I hope to do another one soon!
But...truth be told...I couldn't wait to see this stinker again!  This was the longest I had been away from her and it sucked!!  Of course she was spoiled by my mom and Larry.
But I missed that face!

No comments: