8.19.2009

DA Brother

Last Saturday my work sponsored an adoption day for 4 Paws Rescue (a local shelter). I knew this was a bad idea from the get go because how could I not take a dog?

I even found the perfect one. But JONAS wouldn't let me take him. Rude huh? I think Jib would love to have a brother to play with. Especially since we will have a fenced yard next week. And when we were playing with Dodge, he crawled right up in Jonas's lap and gave him kisses.

Kinda like Jib did. When Jonas just Knew he had to take him.Here he is. Isn't he just the cutest thing? He is super shy and passive - perfect for Jib. And he is just so stinking cute. *sigh* I took the picture with him in the cage so Jonas would feel sad and let me have him. Hasn't worked yet.

My mom also found the perfect dog for her. Of course, she didn't get her either. Come on men, don't you understand the idea of an adoption day?
But, overall the event was a big success. THANK YOU mom and larry for helping me. I was trying to set everything up by myself and that is pretty much impossible with all the tents we had. Thank you Jonas and Chris for hooking me up with the BBQ and cooking some hot dogs for all the people. I am lucky to have great family and friends that help me!
A few dogs did get adopted that day, and there were people taking notes to decide. So hopefully a few more will get adopted soon. We also raised some money and are getting donations all week for 4 Paws. Success!!
Please Jonas. Pretty please.

4 comments:

AC and Lola said...

Jonas: Jib needs a brother.

Sonia said...

I guess you didn't invite me cuz you knew I'd take one home...

devin said...

That is a given!

Snarr said...

Jonas...

what's up kid?! I heard your name the other day, and had to track you down. Please send me your email address or phone number, I want to run a few exciting things by you.

Thanks,
SNARR WX
snarrjam23@yahoo.com