8.31.2009

Crazy Beautiful Life

There are times in life when you realize how blessed you are. We most definitely had one of those moments this weekend.

We woke up early on Saturday morning for the Top of Utah 1/2 marathon. I must say, even though I rarely sleep the night before a race, it was really nice to be in our own bed and to be able to walk to the bus pickup.

We were dropped off at the starting line (up a canyon) and walked around a lot to try and stay warm. Finally, a half hour late, they started the race. We started in the very back and passed people the entire time. I think that helped Jonas stay motivated. He likes passing people :).

Jonas did awesome - until the last few miles. This is generally how it goes with him. So I tried every tactic I have to keep him going. Starbucks, Jib, strawberry waffles, bacon. It must have worked because we made it!
Our only goal was to beat 2 hours and we finished in 1:54! I was so proud considering Jonas's training has been spotty all summer between work and everything else.
This picture pretty much sums up our running experience. I am always having fun, Jonas wants to die. Jib is just happy to be there!

After the race, and some Angie's grub, the whole crew started the move! We finally got our first house picture, but it was after the race and moving all day. We were tired!
With lots of help from AMAZING friends and family, we got everything moved in a few hours. It is so awesome to be in our house! We are already fixing things, picking out paint colors, and arguing over dishes. Gotta love it!
After we got everything moved, we treated the bunch to Cafe Sabor. Yummy. THANK YOU CHRIS, TANNER, LORI, MOM, and LARRY for your help. Thank you Thank you Thank you.
Because, if it wasn't for your help, Jonas would still be here.

2 comments:

Brit Bennion said...

Congrats! That's amazing...both the race and the house.

Cody and Tennille said...

Freak...just moving into a house is hard enough and then you throw in a half marathon! Good work on running...you are better than I (or US for that matter). We can't wait to come to your house warming party!! (I'm pretty much inviting myself...how rude)