8.17.2009

Run Skinny Boy Run

Heck. Where did the weekend go?

Yesterday morning we rose early and drove up the canyon to do a training run. FREEZING! We could see our breath, and every camp fire we ran by we were wishing we could go warm up for a bit. We did have it better than my parents though, who were our pit crew. Because they were on bikes and mainly coasting it was much colder for them. My mom was shaking so bad she was rattling her chain.

Almost three hours and eighteen miles later, we made it!! This was the farthest Jonas has ever run so I was proud of him. I think he mainly enjoyed it except for the last three miles. He gets a little testy towards the end :).
Of course we were pretty much worthless the rest of the day. But we had a good excuse right? I was trying to help Jonas feel better so I was reminding him - only 2 half marathons, a 20 mile training run, and the marathon left. I don't think it worked. I love it!

*Thanks mom and larry for the nourishment and support*

1 comment:

AC and Lola said...

You guys are AWESOME! I'm supposed to do a 5K this weekend then a 10K in September. :/

Working my way up... :)