Back in the day, when I was around 11 or 12, I heard a contest on the radio as I was getting ready for school. The question went something like this:
"Which famous person has been described as sounding like a shrieking cat?"
"Which famous person has been described as sounding like a shrieking cat?"
{or something like that}
Why that's easy I thought! Roseanne!
So I called the radio station. They actually answered (how often does that happen?) and asked for my answer. I told them and then promptly got hung up on. I, of course, assumed two things. A) They are rude and B) I had the wrong answer. So imagine my little girl shock when almost 5 minutes (5 minutes people!) later some woman gave them my answer and they gave her the coveted prize!
So I called the radio station. They actually answered (how often does that happen?) and asked for my answer. I told them and then promptly got hung up on. I, of course, assumed two things. A) They are rude and B) I had the wrong answer. So imagine my little girl shock when almost 5 minutes (5 minutes people!) later some woman gave them my answer and they gave her the coveted prize!
{I don't remember what the prize was}
I was so angry! I marched into the bathroom and told my mom about the injustice. She said (and I think this was bad advice mom...) call them back and tell them! So I did just that. And when I talked to the DJ he said oh ya - I remember you. Then he said he would dig up a prize for me.
My little girl self was so excited! A prize! A FREE prize! After making me wait on hold for forever, he came back on the line and informed me they were out of prizes.
My little girl self was so excited! A prize! A FREE prize! After making me wait on hold for forever, he came back on the line and informed me they were out of prizes.
{My big girl self is really angry about this still}
So, sad and dejected, I hung up the phone and my distrust for radio stations begun.
But low and behold, I am gaining my confidence again. Why? I won free car show tickets a few years ago. Then a few months back I won free lunch for the office from a local radio station.
Redemption! The only bad part? When they ask who is giving you this awesome prize and you are supposed to yell 94.5VFX!! or something...and you can't remember which radio station you just called.
Oops.
But low and behold, I am gaining my confidence again. Why? I won free car show tickets a few years ago. Then a few months back I won free lunch for the office from a local radio station.
Redemption! The only bad part? When they ask who is giving you this awesome prize and you are supposed to yell 94.5VFX!! or something...and you can't remember which radio station you just called.
Oops.
2 comments:
This message brought to you by Devin, who in fact doesnt drink nor do drugs and comes up with random post such as this.
Should I be worried? probably, but it keeps us entertained, so keep it up little devster.
touche jonasty.... touche....
Post a Comment