12.15.2009

X-ed

Last night, the Harmon family canceled Christmas. Yup, abolished, eradicated, revoked, you get it. We did this for a variety of reasons. But mainly we made this decision out of frustration.

But you know what? Today I am just sad.

Sad that a time that should be about celebrating Christ and the important things in life gets muddled by presents, budgets, drama. Sad that family can be so hard sometimes. Sad that sometimes it seems the only one making an effort is me.

Sad that caring about people so much usually ends up with me being hurt. Sad that I take things too personally because I am wrapped up in my own heartache. Sad that right now, life trials are too hard for me to handle.

I know things could be worse. I remind myself this all the time. But difficult times are relative. And right now life is hard.

Something that gives me comfort? Knowing that at the end of the day I can curl up in my warm bed with my husband holding me tight and my puppy kissing away the tears.

3 comments:

Brit Bennion said...

Lame! I'm so sorry and hope that things start getting better for you. Nothing beats your husband and puppy though.

Jett Powered Foundation said...

I'm sorry you had a bad day yesterday. Thanks for waking up bright and early for Pilates today. It's always fun girl time....even though we should both still be sleeping!

AC and Lola said...

I'm sorry that you guys had a rough day. Thank goodness for the simple things in life that seem to somehow solve everything...like puppies and warm beds. :)