5.26.2009

Memorial Day...Late

I though I would post this email for Memorial Day. And I would like to thank Nick, Jared, Paul, Jordan, Eric, Chris, Grandpa, numerous extended family, and so many more that have risked their lives for our country. (I know I am forgetting people but I am in a hurry at work - so I will add as I remember. Sorry!)

Most Syrians struggle to even read Arabic, much less have a clue about reading English.

So, how do a group of Syrian protest leaders create the most impact with their signs by having the standard 'Death to Americans' slogans printed in English?

Answer: They simply hire an English-speaking civilian to translate and write their statements into English.

Unfortunately, in this case, they were unaware that the 'civilian' insurance company employee hired for the job was a retired US Army Sergeant!

Obviously, pictures of this protest rally never made their way to Arab TV networks, but the results were PRICELESS!

(This picture wasn't doctored)

No comments: