5.27.2009

Really? Again?

I love moving...I HATE packing. The whole process of packing just sucks. Nothing else comes close to reminding you how much crap you have until you pack all of that crap into a thousand boxes. (Then haul it to Powell...then back again shortly thereafter.)

Somehow, between the gazillion times we have packed, Jonas is nowhere to be found. Coincidence? I think not. He is only seen again to do the actual moving. The easy part if you ask me. Do I shy away from heavy lifting? NO! We loaded our whole apartment into the trailer in 3 HOURS in Powell. Just me and Jonas.

Even after you get the dreaded packing done, there is still all of the cleaning to do. Of course I always want the deposit back so I clean like crazy. Only to have the manager/owner glance in and say "looks good." You mean you aren't going to look in the fridge? The oven? The corners I was on my hands and knees scrubbing? Ugh. And yet I always do the same thing.


But, I do like moving. I love finding a place for everything. I love finding all of the nooks that make that place special. I LOVE that my commute will be cut down from around 15 min to about 2 min.

We took Jib to the new house on Monday. We tried the Dog Whisperer approach (taking him on a long walk first and then leading him through the house with him on his leash.) We are trying to show him it is OUR house and he needs to obey us.

Ya right.

2 comments:

Chritabo11 said...

you make me laugh, Call me and I'll come help lift heavy stuff, it's really all I'm good for.

AC and Lola said...

Your blog is keeping me entertained today. Yay for that! I just had to relate to the whole apartment cleaning crap. I'll never understand why I essentially SANITIZE my flippin apartment, only to have the manager walk in, nod and say, "Yep." GAH!