5.20.2009

Uh...What Jonas Said

Folks, I just want to reiterate something. Jonas deleted my post about Cafe Ibis (not sure why?). But if you read it, this is for you.

We love Logan. We loved going to school here, and we love it more now that we can afford to do things. We love it so much in fact, that we have decided to extend our stay here for a few years.

As a married couple, we have lived in two places each with their own distinctive culture. Cache Valley is known to be a "bubble." This is in fact one of the reasons I love it here. I can run at 5:30 in the morning, walk my dog late into the night, walk down any street, without being afraid. We love our jobs, the people, the places in the valley.

Lake Powell also is a bit of a "bubble." While everything is pretty much opposite of Cache Valley, I also loved it there. I loved the laid back attitude, the open minded people, the variety of cultures. Not to mention the lake.

Having said this, more often than not, me and Jonas find ourselves standing just outside the bubble, smiling and waving at our friends. (And inevitably trying to stop jib from peeing on the bubble.) We weren't crazy enough in Powell, and we are a bit rebellious in Logan. This isn't a complaint, rather just a fact.

We are happy with who we are, happy with our friends, family, lives in general. We try not to judge people, just as we don't like to be judged.

Now back to my Ibis post. We found a place where we were in the bubble, not trying to poke our way in. And it was fun. Anytime anyone wants to join us - let me know. Our bubble is a fun one.

1 comment:

Chritabo11 said...

Nope, if you're not LDS, GTFO.

In all seriousness, I felt exactly the same way at Powell, especially after you guys left. On a somewhat Ironic note; the very place you guys felt "in" is probably one of the places I felt more "out" in Cache Valley.

Really though, I think the more of a melting pot Cache Valley becomes The More interesting it becomes. I like all kinds of people, except Hippies, nobody likes Hippies.