10.07.2009

So...I Can Admit It

I'm cheap. Or frugal. Bottom line...I like my money.

I have been this way since I was a little kid. Me and my sister always had to put half of our allowance in the bank but then could spend the other half on whatever we wanted. I would save up for that special thing I wanted, go to the store to get it, and then not get it because I liked all the money I had saved.

And then my parents got divorced. Single mom, two kids, you get it.

Then I went to college. If you weren't poor in college you were either lucky or have parents that spoil you. I often ate 1/2 a baked potato for dinner my first year of college. Enough said. Plus, I try to not be attached to material things. I would always rather do something then have something.

When I met Jonas, he was basically the opposite. If he had money then he bought something cool. Luckily for us we have both changed. Or at least we compromise now.

What in the world is the point of this post?

There isn't one really. Other than I got a free sample of Cheerios at lunch and it made my day.

Told you I was cheap.

2 comments:

Coonboy said...

So do you and jonas really compromise or has the word NO become the second in your dictionary? hahahah!!!

devin said...

Hey I did save him from buying a really really ugly chair a few weeks ago.