26.2 Miles. It's a long way. Ever wonder how long? Drive 26 miles and imagine running that far. Yep, far. But don't forget the .2 miles. Because when you have run 26 those last two blocks suck.
Friday, we loaded up the Mazdarati and headed down to St. George. As per tradition, we ate a bunch of carbs at The Pasta Factory and then headed to the marathon expo. Where my lovely husband bought me a lovely hat. Thank you it is so pretty. You will have to take my word for it though because I failed at taking pictures this weekend. I was tired ok?
After the expo we rushed the boys off to a movie (after going to the wrong theater on the wrong side of town). Then my mom and I went and put these bad boys on the route. My mom didn't want me to see them before the race, but it was good I did so that I could make sure Jonas saw them. Hilarious. Thanks mom and larry for the support along the way.
Friday, we loaded up the Mazdarati and headed down to St. George. As per tradition, we ate a bunch of carbs at The Pasta Factory and then headed to the marathon expo. Where my lovely husband bought me a lovely hat. Thank you it is so pretty. You will have to take my word for it though because I failed at taking pictures this weekend. I was tired ok?
After the expo we rushed the boys off to a movie (after going to the wrong theater on the wrong side of town). Then my mom and I went and put these bad boys on the route. My mom didn't want me to see them before the race, but it was good I did so that I could make sure Jonas saw them. Hilarious. Thanks mom and larry for the support along the way.
Up at 3 AM to get ready! We got to the bus by 4 AM to be entered to win prizes...which for some reason we weren't included in the drawing. Stupid.
2 1/2 hours later...we were off. Along with 6,000 other people.
THANK YOU - mom & larry for supporting us - larry for being our pool boy and fetching everything we need from up/downstairs - connor and nicole for providing us a house to stay in that we aren't worthy of - mother nature for not raining - JONAS for keeping me going when my knee was saying biotch stop running.
Even though I can barely walk, I am already thinking about the next one. I mean, if I can run a 4:04 when I can barely walk...
Am I crazy?
Yep.
4 comments:
I love your freakin blog it always makes me laugh... CONGRATS on the Marathon I'm jealous, I wish I had the motivation.
Devin and Jonas,
Loved reading your blog. Congrats on the marathon. Devin, you are a great writer, keep entertaining us!
Aunt Jeanette
Congrats on the marathon! The signs crack me up - "Pedal, Jonas! Pedal!" BUWAHAHAHA! A big can of UTZ would've been cool too. I saw them when I was at Costco the other day with my mom and laughed, "Jonas LOVES these, but Devin does NOT!" LOL!
Congratulations again! :D
Way to go, Devin!! You guys did awesome - sorry about your knee!! And I can't believe you guys didn't get in the early drawing - we considered hitting up the early bus but decided against it - and I'm glad we did!!! hey, i'm in with you on the next one- - he he i must be crazy too!!
Post a Comment