9.11.2009

9/11

Isn't it crazy that the attacks on America were 8 years ago? I remember vividly where I was, how I heard, and how I felt when it happened (as I am sure everyone else does).

Every time I see an image from that day and the days following, my heart sinks. It is still impossible for me to imagine what those thousands of people went through and the families that are still devastated by their losses.

Undoubtedly, this attack brought Americans together. If nothing else, I think this is one positive that came from the attacks.

We have amazing freedoms in our country one of which is freedom of speech. I understand people don't like war and I also think that there should be better ways of handling differences. But, mark my words, under no condition would I talk bad about our troops. I will never agree with, condone, or respect people that don't support our troops. These brave men and women are fighting for our freedom and deserve the utmost respect. Thank you to everyone that has served our country.
I had the pleasure of talking to one of our patients this week that isn't from America. He now lives and works here and loves to talk about it. He just goes on and on about how much he loves our country. It is so refreshing to hear someone that loves America, as opposed to the millions that claim to hate us.

I love our country. I am so proud to be American. Of course we have our issues, but I never doubt it is worth it.

We will never forget this horrible day in our history. I just hope we can learn from it and make sure it doesn't happen again.

God Bless America.

2 comments:

Jett Powered Foundation said...

Amen sista...I can't believe it was 8 years ago either. Its funny but I remember where I was that exact moment...so crazy! Thanks for your post. I think we all have learned so much about humanity from this horrible tragedy.

Christian, Kerri, & The Boys said...

Well said!