9.09.2009

I Suck

You may remember this post a few months back. The ultimate quest to rid Jib of our bed. It never really worked in our apartment, because when I locked him out of our room he just slept on our couch. Mission NOT Accomplished.
When we moved into the house we were renting, and I locked him out of our room, he would sleep in his bed ($80 bed mind you), and never got on our couch, chair, etc. Mission Accomplished.

But, I got tired of making sure our bedroom door was closed all of the time. And he really liked laying on the bed and looking out the window. (I finally realized this is how he would always be at the back door when we got home from running. He was sitting on our bed watching us.) So he didn't sleep with us, but he slept in our bed when we weren't home. Oh well.
Now that we live in our own house, and I don't have to worry about people walking through, I don't worry so much. He still doesn't sleep with us, but he lays in our bed on occasion. I try not to encourage it, but yesterday morning when Jonas thought I had left already I heard him calling Jib to get in bed with him. So I am giving up on the mission.

We did reach a major milestone last night though. Jib was laying on the bed with me because Jonas hadn't brought his bed downstairs yet. When Jonas came down, I started pushing Jib off with my feet (under the covers) because when you try to remove Jib from a bed and he doesn't want to, he becomes, well, bitchy. Just ask my mom if you don't believe me.

Remarkably though, we told him to get off the bed and into his bed. And he did it! Without growling, biting, trying to kill us. Mission sorta accomplished! Dog Whisperer really knows his shit.

3 comments:

AC and Lola said...

I make my bed every morning, only to come home and find Lola has pushed back the covers and buried herself in the pillows. All while her $60 Cabela's bed and favorite donkey blanket sits on the floor. My all-time favorite is when I wake up on the edge of the bed, freezing my ass off because my 25-pound Boston Terrier (read: Terrorist) has somehow managed to take up the WHOLE queen-sized bed. Dogs...

Christian, Kerri, & The Boys said...

haha, your dog is a lot like ours, gotta love em!
Ker

Cody and Tennille said...

Kusaba doesn't get "bitchy" like Jib...instead he gains about 50 extra pounds somehow so trying to move him is a chore. I love Jib stories!