The best part about training for a marathon is that you get to eat a lot. In fact, you need to eat a lot because you are burning so many calories.
I really like this part.
Almost two weeks ago, Jonas gave up coffee. If you know Jonas this is major. He has been doing really well so I thought I would do something too.
I decided to give up sweets until the marathon. With only 18 ½ days until then, I figured I would be fine. Well, I decided I would be fine if I allowed myself one treat a week. Just in case we go to Tummi Yummis. You know.
But still, I thought I would be able to do this. Jonas made me feel better by saying it should be easy for me.
Then I got home from our run and started making Jonas’s lunch. First I saw my half eaten bag of chocolate chips. Damn. Then I saw my mini nilla wafers. Son of a. Look down at the zucchini that I was going to make bread with later…are you kidding?
The kicker? My so good banana oatmeal chocolate chip cookies that were waiting for me all weekend. Those got sent to work with Jonas.
The more I started to think about it the more freaked out I got. Does this mean I can’t eat my mini rice cakes? No graham crackers and milk? Where do I draw the line? Can I eat my luna bar? It does have chocolate in it.
What did I do?
Misc February
3 years ago
4 comments:
whhhhaaatttt!!!? Jonas no coffee.... say it aint so!
Eat up girl...you have been running like crazy! Oh and I consider graham crackers and milk a staple in my diet. Those aren't sweets...oh and chocolate chips too.
You can eat mini rice cakes and graham crackers are carbs!! Luna bar yes, How about just giving up ice cream and your mom will get you ice cream after the race!
will you make me some of those banana oatmeal chocolate chip cookies and just leave out the chocolate chips? they sound really gooooood and i think they'll help me with my homework!
Post a Comment